Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did stability control change with an update recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always thought my SR+ has the best auto stability control of any car I've had - it kicks in gently in the background, and unlike previous cars doesn't suddenly kill the power but just works its magic in the background. A few month back I noticed that it feels like it's been "turned up" - I notice it kicking in, reducing power, for longer. Am I imagining this? Did anything change in software? Same roads, same conditions, same tyres...

It might be obstacle aware acceleration kicking in. If activated and it detects a potential hazard it will limit power until the hazard is cleared. If you turn it off that could improve things
I don't *think* it's this, it's typically accelerating out of a corner on a clear road that I notice it. The sort of scenario where it's completely understandable that it would be in action, it just feels a bit more hesitant than it used to be...

When you say ‘same conditions’, it is noticeably colder than it was a few weeks ago, and the tyres on the cars start to suffer below 7 deg which we’re definitely experiencing at the moment. Could it be that?

When you say ‘same conditions’, it is noticeably colder than it was a few weeks ago, and the tyres on the cars start to suffer below 7 deg which we’re definitely experiencing at the moment. Could it be that?
I don't think so, I've had the car for 2.5 years and always felt I had a good handle on how it behaved, it just seems in the last few months it's more aggressive ASC, regardless of road conditions

I don't think so, I've had the car for 2.5 years and always felt I had a good handle on how it behaved, it just seems in the last few months it's more aggressive ASC, regardless of road conditions
I’m out tonight in ours so will push it a little when safe and see if I notice a difference. The only other thing I can think of that’s changed in recent months is the dropping of radar and everything moving to Tesla Vision.