Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Telsa ask you to resign iZEV Program Consumer Consent Form?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I just got a email on Friday from Tesla headquarter to ask me to resign iZEV Program Consumer Consent Form so Tesla can get their 5000 EV rebate from Canadian government even thought I signed the form and took delivery in Dec 2019. Did you guys also receive such request from Tesla headquater recently? I already got my rebate upon paying the car in Dec. What would happen if I do not sign?

I hope all is well and you are enjoying your Tesla!

My name is Gabriela Gaytan and I work for Tesla in the Funding department in Fremont, California. I also work closely with the delivery center team that you took delivery with.

At the point of sale, you received a point of sale rebate when you purchased your Tesla in the amount $5,000. To finalize the rebate with the government, we need to submit the required documentation so Tesla can be reimbursed.

We have the docs you signed with the delivery team on file when you took delivery but they are now outdated and the Canadian government is requesting the new forms we are asking you to sign.

Our delivery team might have reached out to you previously, but have since handed off the resolution to my team.

To submit the incentive to the government, we are requesting the following documents from you to help us get this finalized:

• iZEV Program Consumer Consent Form
  • Incentive Received Form for Individuals for the iZEV Program
  • Incentive Eligibility Declaration
I have attached them to the email, please print, sign, and scan them back to me at your earliest convenience.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Gabriela Gaytan Lopez

yes. I have the copy of the form which is the updated from May 2019. So I don't get it why I have to sign again.

But Tesla email me an additional form called "individual customer declaration" and contain the following clause:

I further declare that I am eligible to receive the $5,000 point-of-sale benefit. Should Transport Canada deem me to be ineligible for an incentive at any time during the ownership or lease of my vehicle, I will be required to reimburse Tesla for an amount equal to that deducted for the iZEV program on my motor vehicle purchase agreement

Basically it says I have to give $5000 back to Tesla if Tesla cannot get the money from Transport Canada.....

Last edited:
yes. I have the copy of the form which is the updated from May 2019. So I don't get it why I have to sign again.

But Tesla email me an additional form called "individual customer declaration" and contain the following clause:

I further declare that I am eligible to receive the $5,000 point-of-sale benefit. Should Transport Canada deem me to be ineligible for an incentive at any time during the ownership or lease of my vehicle, I will be required to reimburse Tesla for an amount equal to that deducted for the iZEV program on my motor vehicle purchase agreement

Basically it says I have to give $5000 back to Tesla if Tesla cannot get the money from Transport Canada.....
Did you send the form?

No. I did not even bother to respond to the email yet. I kinda prefer to speak to a sale rep in person regarding this instead of having written email.

How about you? What is your plan? Are you going to respond back with signed form?

I replied to them, saying not comfortable sending it via email, they said they can mail the forms along with the return label to my home address.

Also in the meantime, I have already printed the forms and signed them but still undecided whether to email it or no.

Tell them you have a copy of the original form you signed that is identical and has the same May 2019 date.

That's if you are deemed ineligible, not the vehicle. Meaning that you are found not to be entitled to claim. VBut I can't find what the eligibility criteria are for individuals to claim.

I also just received an email from the above-mentioned person (Gabriela Lopez) with the same request (same wording too). The attachments also contain the "individual customer declaration", and all documents are pre-filled with my details and have the date pre-filled as the day of my delivery (December 2019). So if the date is the same as the one I've signed when taking delivery, and which they claim to have, then I wonder how is it outdated when it would be the same as the one they already have (same signature, same date, same form)?

I don't suppose I could be found ineligible for the iZEV rebate, but find it odd that they waited over half a year to request the incentive from the government of Canada. Has anyone gotten any clarity on this request?

Last edited:
I just received a similar email from Tesla regard the incentive in New York State. It seems that someone in Tesla is dropping the ball. I signed all the required documents at delivery. Now they want additional and some of the same resigned.