Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla end mobile service (in NJ)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to set up a service appointment for a minor warranty repair (horn not working on right side)
I was only offered a choice of local service centers (northern NJ).
I tried using both a specific category (interior), as well as the "other" category.
Have they discontinued mobile service, or is this a temporary situation when their schedule is booked?
Thanks!

I know from previous experience it depends on what category of concern you select. Often times the SC will switch it after review to either mobile or on site. If they only allow you to select an on-site service, just schedule it and ask for mobile service via chat. Then if they're able to do mobile service, they'll send you an alert and allow you to schedule the mobile tech.

The way they work the service request required me to text them back and forth for fifteen minutes (with no resolution) for something that a 30 second phone call would have solved.

For me, that's the way it's always been. You sign up for a service center visit then chat to get mobile.
Nope!
You just got to play the "old man" card.
As soon as I get a text, I reply "I'm an old man and hate texting, please call me"
They'll call you within 5 minutes.
It works even if you don't identify as being a man, or identify as being old, or identify as being an old man
I've done that every time.

Reactions: Donjo