Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you cancel? If so, when did you reserve?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cancellations aren't going to materially affect your place in line.
Its pretty simple right now.
  • If you're a current Tesla owner, you should be able to order now. If you can't, call Tesla.
  • If you're not a current Tesla owner and are waiting for the base, standard range car, pretty much everyone other than early 1st day folks have an estimated time of "early 2019". That ranges from people who reserved later on the 1st day, all the way through people who reserve right now.
  • If you're waiting for the "first production", that will vary according to when you reserved and mostly according to Teslas ability to resolve production issues.
  • Then there are bunch of other options coming that will likely pre-empt the base car. Including, AWD, white interior, performance.

Cancellations aren't going to materially affect your place in line.
Its pretty simple right now.
  • If you're waiting for the "first production", that will vary according to when you reserved and mostly according to Teslas ability to resolve production issues.

Well no, I disagree! Cancellations may very well affect my place in line, especially as it relates to the timing of the full tax credit. It all depends on the individual's reservation date and time as to how much cancellations might affect their reservation. For me personally, I'm a day 2 reservation (4/1/2016 at 7:00PM PDT). As it stands, I am on the cusp for the full tax credit, so every cancellation ahead of me may materially affect my place in line as it relates to my chances at getting that credit (with of caveat of whether or not the production targets of Tesla are met going forward!). The possibility that one cancellation might materially affect my place in line with regards to getting a full tax credit are most certainly real. Throwing the tax credit out the window, your point is taken :)

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Well no, I disagree! Cancellations may very well affect my place in line, especially as it relates to the timing of the full tax credit. It all depends on the individual's reservation date and time as to how much cancellations might affect their reservation. For me personally, I'm a day 2 reservation (4/1/2016 at 7:00PM PDT). As it stands, I am on the cusp for the full tax credit, so every cancellation ahead of me may materially affect my place in line as it relates to my chances at getting that credit (with of caveat of whether or not the production targets of Tesla are met going forward!). The possibility that one cancellation might materially affect my place in line with regards to getting a full tax credit are most certainly real. Throwing the tax credit out the window, your point is taken :)
Yup. Best guess right now is us early day 2 people who are interested in (or at least open to) the 1st Prod version are currently on the bubble to the tune of $3750. This may change as unknowns are resolved/revealed but that only changes which part of the line, which people, are in the position of being on the bubble for the first drop and the second drop. It'll still matter to someone who dropped in front of them. Potentially for AWD or even SR.

Last edited: