Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Reservationist (Past and present) - Help needed

When you canceled your reservation, did you ever get your $100 refund?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but (please explain)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just wanted to vote (Non of the above)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought an X in 2018. Put a $100 deposit down on the CT during the announcement on 11/22/2019. Sold the X and bought a Y last month. Started process to get CT deposit back today. Not pretty.

In my case the credit card I used back in 2019 is long gone. Per the attached picture they are wanting to send the refund to that CC. Referenced the last 4 digits. I don't know about all of you, but I don't have a record of old/canceled/changed CC numbers. They wanted me to figure out which account it was. I asked if that's my only option. "You can call sales and ask for a check refund."

I was directed to 888-518-3752, x1, Sales option. The count so far is 6 attempts. After the Sales option, the system says please hold and then hangs up on me. I'm thinking the person that codes the fart sounds is smarter than the person that maintains their voicemail prompts.

@jebinc Did you ever get your refund? Was it a credit to your CC? Or a check?

@beewang If I run into problems, can I count on you to send me $100? Or take me to dinner at my local SNA?

Anyone else having the same problem, refund to expired/old CC ?

Refund page.jpg

Reactions: QUBO
Bought an X in 2018. Put a $100 deposit down on the CT during the announcement on 11/22/2019. Sold the X and bought a Y last month. Started process to get CT deposit back today. Not pretty.

In my case the credit card I used back in 2019 is long gone. Per the attached picture they are wanting to send the refund to that CC. Referenced the last 4 digits. I don't know about all of you, but I don't have a record of old/canceled/changed CC numbers. They wanted me to figure out which account it was. I asked if that's my only option. "You can call sales and ask for a check refund."

I was directed to 888-518-3752, x1, Sales option. The count so far is 6 attempts. After the Sales option, the system says please hold and then hangs up on me. I'm thinking the person that codes the fart sounds is smarter than the person that maintains their voicemail prompts.

@jebinc Did you ever get your refund? Was it a credit to your CC? Or a check?

@beewang If I run into problems, can I count on you to send me $100? Or take me to dinner at my local SNA?

Anyone else having the same problem, refund to expired/old CC ?

View attachment 1007187
Yes, I did. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up on my credit card statement as a refund in about 10 days.

Edit: My CC was expired on Tesla, but the account was still active. I quickly updated my payment method on Tesla.com and that’s where the refund went.