Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you have a delivery issue and did Tesla put the issue in writing?

If you had a defect with your car at delivery, did Tesla put the problem in writing?

• Yes, with a proper Due Bill listing the problem(s)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, with an e-mail or other note written on the formal paperwork

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, but promised to make good on it later if you returned to the service center

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, but promised to put a note on the account about the issue so you could get it fixed

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, they either promised to send a Due Bill and never did or otherwise dodged the request

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reeler

Decade of Pure EV Driving
Oct 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Of the 7 Tesla's I purchased, three of them had issues. Two had very small dent and one had excessive scratches in the paint. Tesla would not write up a Due Bill on the two most recent incidents in the last year. When I asked for an e-mail at least, no luck either. Bizarre as this is standard practice in the industry, plus the contract we sign at delivery says if it isn't in writing we are SOL. In one of the cases, they denied the issue when I came back, but agreed to fix the dent as a courtesy.

I don’t blame you for wanting it in writing now, but when I took delivery in September, Tesla seemed to be a lot more competent and willing to fix delivery issues. I was neither surprised by the fact they didn’t hand me a due bill for the items I showed them, nor by the fact that they eventually took care of everything I wanted done. The only delay was caused by the fact that Tesla and their local body shop were going through a bad breakup, which meant nobody in town could realign my slightly crooked right rear door.

My Delivery Advisor refused to put a misaligned frunk on the Due Bill, telling me if Tesla sent them a car to deliver, then it meets all their specs. As soon as I got home, I called the Service Center and they said it would be no problem in aligning the frunk, just email Tesla to update my Service Profile. Tesla did take care of my concerns without hassle and my car finally looks showroom worthy.

Reactions: SMAlset and abasile
My sales manager offered that they used to do everything they could to please a customer before the Model 3, but now it is take it or leave it pretty much. They have enough pent up demand with few other alternatives I guess. Plus, it is very overwhelming to buy a car sight unseen.

I turned away my 7th Tesla purchase as there were scratches, and one of them very deep through the paint entirely. They would not fix or even document the issue in an e-mail, note or Due Bill so basically I could take the car AS IS or walk. They didn't care and flipped the same car to someone the next day without fixing it.