Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between 1053570-00-F and 1053570-00-G

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if anybody knows why the Feb 2021+ EPC shows 1053570-00-G and the Apr 2016 to Jan 2021 EPC shows 1053570-00-F?

This is the front headlights.

Does the G introduce something incompatible with the 2016 to 2021?

Thanks.

Thanks, I am aware that the letter indicates a revision. Afaik these are both compatible from 2016 to 2021+. Trying to see if there is a functional difference or only a new revision. I have seen people with 2016 to 2021 use both revision G and F.

2021+ Matrix LED lights were introduced. These are different from the earlier LED lighting, and should have much better low beams than the earlier. I imagine they have included some wiring and connectors for active matrix implementation at some point in the future.

Letters at the end of the part number are usually minor revisions that do NOT affect compatibility. Just internal improvements. I suspect the EPC just hasn’t been updated for the older models. I would not expect any compatibility issues.

The switch from legacy LED to matrix lights would almost certainly result in an entirely different part number, not just a letter revision.

Reactions: Raroia
This is exactly what I thought, thanks.

Although I will say I saw one post somewhere where somebody claimed the EPC did show at some point the G revision and was rolled back to the F revision which I thought was a bit strange...