Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference in range in different regions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked at the registration for my MY that I pickup this week. It States the range as 542 km which confused me as the range on the site is 533 or 565 (With 19 inch).

I googler model Y and 542 range and to my confusion I Saw that the HK and Macau site shows a WTLP range of 542 km (With 20 inch) for the long range..

How come the range differs across Tesla regional sites (in same range meterolog system)?

Attachments

• 71D55503-659B-4C7F-85A8-BDAF77242C26.png
    71D55503-659B-4C7F-85A8-BDAF77242C26.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 489
  • E4F9B42B-77AB-42C6-9E83-7848BF26A280.jpeg
    E4F9B42B-77AB-42C6-9E83-7848BF26A280.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 87
Your two images don't show the same wheels. One has aero covers, the other not. There are sometimes differences in the packages that are offered in different countries. The market (buyers) is different. In the example here, wheels do make a difference in range.
There might be other considerations. I think it's South Corea where the government is stating that Tesla are erroneously reporting too high a range? Maybe they're adjusting downwards voluntarily in some places.

Reactions: Ogre
I just looked at the registration for my MY that I pickup this week. It States the range as 542 km which confused me as the range on the site is 533 or 565 (With 19 inch).

I googler model Y and 542 range and to my confusion I Saw that the HK and Macau site shows a WTLP range of 542 km (With 20 inch) for the long range..

How come the range differs across Tesla regional sites (in same range meterolog system)?
Different areas us different ways to measure range which results in different numbers for measuring the same car.

What you need to know though is that you are buying a set of features. The number there is just what they advertise, what you are buying. If you do better you're not going to sue them :D It's most probably the same battery, same motors etc. There can be differences in accessories, wheels etc.

Don't look at other countries, look at the site from the country you are buying.

What you need to know though is that you are buying a set of features. The number there is just what they advertise, what you are buying. If you do better you're not going to sue them :D It's most probably the same battery, same motors etc. There can be differences in accessories, wheels etc.

Don't look at other countries, look at the site from the country you are buying.
I get what you are saying. But the registration States 542 which makes no sense when looking at my regional site.

(I looked because I Was curious if it actually Was listed as the 533/565 that Was stated when I ordered.. as the Car Was already on the Boat getting shipped)

Interestingly it States on the registration that it is a Y5LD With a 91.6 kapacity. (Even though I think the Y5LD is 82kW.

When looking at the different ratings of Y5 I Can see a 507jm (as the Old range before Update) and a 542 km one (the Y5LD). Might be the 533 on the eu page that are listig too low a WLTP?

I had a similar question about battery and range/capacity. Someone replied this, i think it might be helpful for you.

The Model Y LR 2022 has a claimed WLTP Range of 542km with MCU2 and 533km with MCU3. Since it only comes with the MCU3 now, the 533km are the relevant number. Since the WLTP was done with the 20" wheels, there is also a theoretical range of 565km with the 19" wheels.

The cars rated range at 100% is calculated with the current calibrated net capacity divided by a fixed rated consumption of 148,5Wh/km, so 514km equals 76,3kWh of usable net capacity in your car. This value has nothing to do with the claimed WLTP range!