Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference in specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please forgive the newbie questions. I am shopping for a CPO MS, most likely a P90D. Looking at tesla.com, I see several listed that have approx. the same mileage but some are rated at 253 mile range and some at 270. Some show a 0-60 of 2.8 sec and some 3.1 sec. Why the differences?

S90D cars built before the nose refresh had an EPA range of 288 miles. Those built after the refresh have an EPA range of 294. Maybe the different shape of the nose changed the air drag enough to get 6 more miles. Mine never made 288 with the first battery or the second battery. It's currently at 281 after 11,000 miles

Please review all post on buying a CPO. Not a recommended idea.
Everyone gives different figures for there charges. There are too many variables to make any certain figure.
Tesla cars are not known to be an exact car. Its a look into the future.

Different battery types, see my signature, P90DL can also best the 2.8sec and have ludicrous plus. (Pre heating of battery)
Not if you have a '15 P90DL... In that case, you can't even hit the advertised numbers, let alone best them.

And you do not have 'Ludicrous Plus'. That only exists on the P100DL. Preheating the battery is not the same thing.

I'd stay clear of the 90, unless you're getting a mid '16 or newer.

So the warp animation after long press on ludicrous, heating , temperature in dashboard, translucent car in display, ... According to you, what do I miss ?
I would love to see a video of this, along with the screen that shows your car / model / software revision. I mean this truly, as I'm sure there are others that would be really interested in seeing this as well. If your car has this, then you truly have a flying unicorn.

Is your car completely stock? Has there been any major repair work done to it? Did you receive it new?

This is very intriguing...

Not if you have a '15 P90DL... In that case, you can't even hit the advertised numbers, let alone best them.

And you do not have 'Ludicrous Plus'. That only exists on the P100DL. Preheating the battery is not the same thing.

I'd stay clear of the 90, unless you're getting a mid '16 or newer.

I have a 2018 P100D. It has Ludicrous Plus and there is no “L”. At some point Tesla got rid of the L. All P100D’s have ludicrous plus as standard.

I have a 2018 P100D. It has Ludicrous Plus and there is no “L”. At some point Tesla got rid of the L. All P100D’s have ludicrous plus as standard.
Early P100D cars had to pay extra for the Ludicrous Option, hence the designation.
The "L" is implied now, on the P100D, due to it being a standard option now.
Do you have a [Ludicrous] button on your P100D? Then you have the Ludicrous Option, and for the sake of conversation clarity, is considered a P100DL.

That said, this has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about.

He has a 2016 P90DL w/AP1 (not sure if nosecone or refresh), which claims to have Ludicrous Plus.

Last edited:
...I'd stay clear of the 90, unless you're getting a mid '16 or newer.
When you say mid '16, is that refresh vs. non-refresh?
The refresh occurred in April '16. I know they had been installing the V2 90-pack by then. I actually think the V3 may have been being installed at the beginning of the refresh, but I know it was definitely being installed by August '16.

I was told that I had a new generation battery pack, with one of the last pre-refresh cars.
No significant work after, but took/paid for absolutely every option except seats.
Will do video when it's less freakishly cold so the heating is faster (winter here now), unless it is not important to wait for stats+translucent car ? Is there an earlier stage that confirms the "plus", like the heating graphics ?