Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different seat back range of motion between driver and passenger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a different range of seat back range of motion between the driver and passenger seat? (2016 Model S, next gen seats)
I've found that my passenger seat back can tilt forward enough until it is beyond 90 degrees with the seat bottom (~80 degrees). But my drivers seat won't go past, say, 100 degrees in relationship to the seat bottom. I don't know if this is a new problem with my seat, or if it has always been that way. I suspect it's a problem with my driver's seat, but want to see if others have the same behavior.

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948
Here's a picture of my seats with both seat backs rotated fully forward. I'm guessing this isn't normal...
IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948
That’s not normal. My drivers seat can pin me against the steering wheel when it’s all the way forward.
Thanks. Yes, I suspected there was a problem. I thought it always moved further forward. I'll see if there might be something blocking or jamming the sensor, otherwise it's off to the SC I go (or maybe I can get a mobile tech to come out again, hmm).

Thanks. Yes, I suspected there was a problem. I thought it always moved further forward. I'll see if there might be something blocking or jamming the sensor, otherwise it's off to the SC I go (or maybe I can get a mobile tech to come out again, hmm).
Just a thought for further testing... If you slide the driver's seat all the way back, does it still restrict how far forward the seat-back will go forward?

Is there a different range of seat back range of motion between the driver and passenger seat? (2016 Model S, next gen seats)
I've found that my passenger seat back can tilt forward enough until it is beyond 90 degrees with the seat bottom (~80 degrees). But my drivers seat won't go past, say, 100 degrees in relationship to the seat bottom. I don't know if this is a new problem with my seat, or if it has always been that way. I suspect it's a problem with my driver's seat, but want to see if others have the same behavior.
I doubt it makes any difference, but those are the premium seats, not next gen seats. I missed out on those by a few days in December 2016.

Did Tesla repair? Warranty?

Attachments

• AD9DE6B0-ECEC-4287-AC0E-6717C1FF142D.jpeg
    AD9DE6B0-ECEC-4287-AC0E-6717C1FF142D.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 52