Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Digital Banking limiting daily payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just trying to dot all the i and cross all the t

I live in N Ireland but my bank is still RBS from many moons ago living in Scotland. They have no branches in NI so can’t go into a branch and do a CHAPS.

So I will have to set up daily payments , think the limit is 10k for a new payee ? So will need to pay them over 4 days. Anyone had to do similar ?

from their website
Payments via Digital Banking

• Personal customers - £20,000.00
  • Premier customers - £50,000.00
  • Business customers - £50,000.00

Somehow I am on a RBS premier account so for me it was a single transfer. Had to use their card reader thing.

I live in N Ireland but my bank is still RBS from many moons ago living in Scotland. They have no branches in NI so can’t go into a branch and do a CHAPS.

So I will have to set up daily payments , think the limit is 10k for a new payee ? So will need to pay them over 4 days. Anyone had to do similar ?
I recommend you change your bank at some point then. You can also just call them and authorise it. I had to for sending 25k to buy my current car after I got a loan from sainsburys from aantander

Reactions: WannabeOwner
from their website
Payments via Digital Banking

• Personal customers - £20,000.00
  • Premier customers - £50,000.00
  • Business customers - £50,000.00

Somehow I am on a RBS premier account so for me it was a single transfer. Had to use their card reader thing.
It was the same for me although RBS initially held back the payment as they were concerned that it was potentially fraud!

I'm sure we all have the same problem. Lloyds have advised me that their limit is £25000 per day. Either multiple payments or visit a bank. Didn't try phoning to see if they could authorise an increased limit, maybe worth trying.

I recommend you change your bank at some point then.

Ditto.

My family was with Sharkleys (before the name change ...) for generations. Shafted by them after 2008 fiasco, We changed to a Good Bank, and Wow! I hadn't realised how much lousy-banking had crept up on me all those years at Sharkleys until we switched, and then it was just like the old days: excellent service and a Bank Manager who took the trouble to understand my requirements

For RBS/Natwest although the limit will be 10k/20k depending on your situation, you can schedule them all on one day so you don't have to remember to log in each day. Log in, set up payee and send first amount. Then schedule day 2, 3 etc.

I chapped it to Tesla from a branch. If you do this they want you to say you have verbally confirm the destination details. I hadn't done and didn't fancy another 40 minutes on hold so just accessed my account on my phone to get the invoice from there. SSL to a verified domain name is better than any phonecall in my mind. A manager authorised it at my risk :/ All confirmed in source code today tho so happy enough.

Reactions: Roy W.

Just make multiple payments unto your limit each day if you only have 1 bank account other use another account if needed