TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Digital Output Display

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by FLDarren, Dec 27, 2014.

1. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Anybody else think Tesla should have our kW output shown in numbers like the speed instead of an orange meter. I would even love an updated orange output meter that had smaller increments of 5 up to about 40 kW. Let's face it, no one pays as much attention to output once it reaches 40 or so. I think this would benefit people who often hypermile or just need to be as efficient as possible to reach a destination.

And what's with the blue meter? I've never paid any mind to it. Why's it there? (Rhetorical) There's got to be a better way to display cruise. What about displaying regen on the left and gen on the right?

I'm curious to hear your desired layout/format.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The blue speed metre is there mostly for aesthetics so that the orange/green metre will be balanced. There's probably a case to be made for the orange/green metre to go all the way around the display but it might look funny because the dividing line would be at 1:00 or 2:00. No comment about the cruise control display as I never use it. I find the orange/green metre just fine as they are because you can just glance to see how much you're using rather than having to look at a number. My kW/h are reasonably good, so I have no complaints about how kWs are displayed--if they weren't I might want a change.

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I lifted these thoughts from ixda.org:

i don't mind having digital displays, but appreciate this writer's thoughts on the advantages of analog displays.

4. Knobby

Knobby Member

I love those orange an blue analog displays. I'd not like the kw readout to be in digital. To me it's kind of like the tach.

5. TES-E

TES-E Member

I actually like it just the way it is. If they decide to give is a digital option, I would want to see it on either side of the main display. Turn it on when you need it, off when you don't.

6. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

I would Love it, Because you could be driving a steady speed and make subtle adjustments and see what happens to kw usage more accurately