Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dim inside lights - wth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought some lights that are advertised on Amazon as for the Model 3 to replace some inside lights.
Especially in the console.

This morning I got the front console light pried out and discovered it is half the size of the replacement light.

IT WON'T FIT.

In the video for the lights from the maker, it shows replacing trunk lights and ceiling lights.

My 3 has little round lights in the ceiling which I had never paid attention to because I drive in the daytime almost always.

When did Tesla change the lighting?

I got mine in Feb 2019.

Bought some lights that are advertised on Amazon as for the Model 3 to replace some inside lights.
Especially in the console.

This morning I got the front console light pried out and discovered it is half the size of the replacement light.

IT WON'T FIT.

In the video for the lights from the maker, it shows replacing trunk lights and ceiling lights.

My 3 has little round lights in the ceiling which I had never paid attention to because I drive in the daytime almost always.

When did Tesla change the lighting?

I got mine in Feb 2019.

You posted in the Model X forum

Evannan.com has lights for the front console. Bought a set from them recently and was a fairly easy swap

What I have not found replacements yet are the ceiling lights and the 2 round lights inside the falcon door. Anyone upgraded these ?
==========
Thanks for the info. I'll look 'em up. I bought a round tap to turn on light and put it in the console and that works ok but built in where it's supposed to be would be better. I've got another place I could use the light I bought.