Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dim puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What battery are you talking about? I have AO puddle lights that have worked excellently for years but I have no idea what a battery has to do with any lights.... didn’t you replace the factory ones or are you talking about some other add-one?

I have LED logo puddle lights. Sometimes they are quite dim on any door. Other times bright. Any explanation? I have an Ohmmu battery only 6 months old. Thanks
If you have the front door open (where the puddles are) and then open the back door, the front light will dim as the back door draws power too. But the puddle should still be plenty bright (depending on the quality of the puddle light.)

If you have replaced the puddle lights with brighter LED replacements, then the dimming is a lot more noticeable when you have front and back doors open, but they are still a lot brighter than the stock OEM puddle lights. You don't notice the dimming effect as much with the stock LEDs because they are so dimm to begin with.