Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dimensions of the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of the seat height; I have trouble getting in and out of low cars.

So, is it logical to assume seat height is directly related to suspension height?

Seems totally logical to me as well. I had a performance Y on pre-order and then they changed the configuration on Q4 earnings day splitting the performance model into two variants, regular and 'upgraded', for the same price. To get the extra range of 315 miles you had to choose the regular performance model. This was highly desirable. It did not come with the 'lowered suspension' and that was the second most important reason for switching to that option as I and my wife find it challenging to get in and out of low riding sedans and we ain't getting any younger!

It might seem silly, but I am peeved about the break calipers not being red with the 'standard' performance variant. That was a nice visual differentiation. All it has to tell it apart form the non-performance variants is a rear spoiler which frankly doesn't make much of a difference to my eyes.

Seems totally logical to me as well. I had a performance Y on pre-order and then they changed the configuration on Q4 earnings day splitting the performance model into two variants, regular and 'upgraded', for the same price. To get the extra range of 315 miles you had to choose the regular performance model. This was highly desirable. It did not come with the 'lowered suspension' and that was the second most important reason for switching to that option as I and my wife find it challenging to get in and out of low riding sedans and we ain't getting any younger!

It might seem silly, but I am peeved about the break calipers not being red with the 'standard' performance variant. That was a nice visual differentiation. All it has to tell it apart form the non-performance variants is a rear spoiler which frankly doesn't make much of a difference to my eyes.
It is easy to remove and paint the brake calipers

• Informative
Reactions: rlopin
Here is a bit more info on dimensions. Electrek analyzed a new picture showing the M3 and Y side by side in equal perspective:

Another Tesla Model Y size comparison shows higher ride height, easier entry - Electrek

Many comments in the article point out that the Model Y looks to be closer to the camera than the Model 3 thereby skewing the numbers.
With all these prototypes floating around I really wish someone would not just take a picture but actually walk up to the car with a tape measure. I guess it's not something most people carry with them. I keep one in my glove compartment just in case I ever come across one. A man can dream. :)

Many comments in the article point out that the Model Y looks to be closer to the camera than the Model 3 thereby skewing the numbers.
With all these prototypes floating around I really wish someone would not just take a picture but actually walk up to the car with a tape measure. I guess it's not something most people carry with them. I keep one in my glove compartment just in case I ever come across one. A man can dream. :)
You are not alone. When a couple Model Ys were spotted around town a few weeks ago, I grabbed a tape measure and put it in the car. Unfortunately, we never spotted them but we know they were within 4 miles (and maybe less than a mile) of our house. Doh!