Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappearing media player

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C

candida

Asking with trepidation, and I have read the (xxxxxxx) manual, which says the media player "displays on the touchscreen", which it, used to, all the time.

Now, I find it disappears. Which is irksome. And when I say disappears, I don't mean the residual bar at the bottom is left, I just have a map and no media controls. It comes back if you select a media source from the customisable bar.

And another thing (now I've got the bit between my teeth) - while radio remembers the last station playing if I navigate to Spotify, Spotify wont remember the last episode of the podcast I was playing if I navigate to radio and back again. This can be very frustrating when I'm deep in a six-hour discussion of the Atco rotary flail mower 1952-1958 and end up being presented with (spoilers) the sale of Atco to Bosch in 1991.

Am I doing it wrong? I'm on 2022.12.3.16

Merci

[Edited for software version]

I've noticed the behaviour you mention - it came with an update, perhaps even as far back as the big mess that was the Christmas release. But it's not my biggest complaint.

That award goes to the really aggressive way in which track titles are truncated - both in the display of the current track, and also (to a lesser extent) in the tracklist. That makes navigating through tracklists nigh on impossible if the track titles are longer than about 15 characters. That may be enough for pop songs, but the track titles of podcasts or classical music are often long and frequently have identical pre-ambles in an album or playlist making every track look the same unless you play it. Whoever designed and tested it clearly only listened to pop music.

Then there's the mess which is the track progress bar. It's a single pixel high (or so it seems) making it almost impossible to see, let alone skip forwards/backwards to an arbitrary place in a track. And then on the mini-player strip, the pop-up balloon showing the time within the track overlays it; worse, the bar is right at the bottom of the strip so a too-high stab at a button on the menu bar can skip to some random place in a track. Grrr.

I could go on, but I've vented my frustrations enough now so I'll call the orderlies and. get them to put me to bed!

Reactions: candida
Yep, its done that since the Christmas update. Personally, I like being able to hide it, I know what's playing normally, and a tap of the Spotify (or radio) button brings it back.

Now I just need to be able to hide (or reduce) the vehicle visualisation panel on the right - more information than I need there a well. More map please!

I wish I could find some way of making the entertainment page not showing every time I start the car (S). Getting rid of it takes at least two swipes down even if you manage to get exactly the right spot at the top.
Terrible UI design.

Asking with trepidation, and I have read the (xxxxxxx) manual, which says the media player "displays on the touchscreen", which it, used to, all the time.

Now, I find it disappears. Which is irksome. And when I say disappears, I don't mean the residual bar at the bottom is left, I just have a map and no media controls. It comes back if you select a media source from the customisable bar.

And another thing (now I've got the bit between my teeth) - while radio remembers the last station playing if I navigate to Spotify, Spotify wont remember the last episode of the podcast I was playing if I navigate to radio and back again. This can be very frustrating when I'm deep in a six-hour discussion of the Atco rotary flail mower 1952-1958 and end up being presented with (spoilers) the sale of Atco to Bosch in 1991.

Am I doing it wrong? I'm on 2022.12.3.16

Merci

[Edited for software version]
I had the same problem! But one of the forum members pointed out that the media player just minimizes to the bottom. When that happens, there is a small icon that appears on the bottom of the monitor that has a music note icon. Just press on that, the media player will re-appear.

Reactions: a1psx