Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed - Tesla customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, the reason Im writing here is to see if you guys are feeling the same way.
When Tesla delivered my Model 3, we walked around and we notice a scratch on the passenger door panel. The guy who made the delivery told us they would call us the following week to fix it.
After a month, of course, nobody called and when I called they disint know anything about it. The person I spoke to asked me to send pictures. Another month and nothing. Called again and they still didnt know about it. Had to resend the pictures and after another month nothing. Im gonna have to go there...

Another issue was when everybody was receiving the free trial autopilot, my father in law (which purchase the M3 with me) receiveid the trial and I never received. After testing my father in law, I was a big potential buyer of the system i loved it. So I called customer service again and the guy said it was finished whoever didnt get it, too bad... I got really disappointed, now I received an email saying the autopilot is available in my car and of course Im outside of the country and when I comeback, if I still have it, its winter time in canada, so i dont think i will be able to take a real advantage of it... so the guy throw a bucket of iced water on top of me for nothing...

And, of course, I have a referral under my name and I choose the Black signature charger... its been 2 months that it shows schedule to be delivered.

I know its hard to handle customer service, specially when this boom happened with Model 3.
But the way people are handling the information is really bad...

Maybe it sounds like nothing to u guys but for me was a big deal...
Anyways, I just wanted to share that...

Last edited:
Hi guys, the reason Im writing here is to see if you guys are feeling the same way.
When Tesla delivered my Model 3, we walked around and we notice a scratch on the passenger door panel. The guy who made the delivery told us they would call us the following week to fix it.
After a month, of course, nobody called and when I called they disint know anything about it. The person I spoke to asked me to send pictures. Another month and nothing. Called again and they still didnt know about it. Had to resend the pictures and after another month nothing. Im gonna have to go there...

Another issue was when everybody was receiving the free trial autopilot, my father in law (which purchase the M3 with me) receiveid the trial and I never received. After testing my father in law, I was a big potential buyer of the system i loved it. So I called customer service again and the guy said it was finished whoever didnt get it, too bad... I got really disappointed, now I received an email saying the autopilot is available in my car and of course Im outside of the country and when I comeback, if I still have it, its winter time in canada, so i dont think i will be able to take a real advantage of it... so the guy throw a bucket of iced water on top of me for nothing...

And, of course, I have a referral under my name and I choose the Black signature charger... its been 2 months that it shows schedule to be delivered.

I know its hard to handle customer service, specially when this boom happened with Model 3.

Customer service has gone down BIG time since I got my MX 2.5 years ago!

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors

Cheer up, it's all downhill from here! :)

• Love
Reactions: Brando
I had similar experience. When I piked my car up I noted several scratches, panel misalignments, and panel gaps. They took pictures and told me I would be called no later than 3 days to fix. Never got call weeks later. I had to initiate my own service appointment. Took the car three times for service. Each time they kept it for 3 weeks. First two times they never called me when it was done. Car was just sitting there. Most of the problems where fixed and some they could not fix unlike what they told me when I picked up the car. Overall poor experience.

I will say that I have had better experience with mobile service since then. Had three mobile appointments since and all where great. Techs where quick, professional, and helpful. They are now pushing most things to be fixed by mobile service so that's a good change.

In California the scratch would have been listed on a due bill and fixed at service.
Not necessarily true. When I picked up my Model 3 I too had scratches and the Delivery Advisor left me with a "Volunteer" and literally completely disappeared, even the check in people couldn't find him or my paperwork. I never even received a "Due Bill" as you call it, in fact I didn't even get a scrap of paper at all. I was able to finally get it fixed but only through shear perseverance and driving to teh SC several times.

I did get a "Due Bill" for paint chips and scratches, but only Tesla approved body shop in SAC area is swamped. My delivery was on 12/5/18 and the first available appointment is on 2/18/19. They said they will keep the car for one week at a minimum...Overall, my experience has been less than stellar to say the least.