Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount Available for Tesla Wall Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have owned Nissan Leaf since 2011 and now that the battery has degregated too much for my husband's commute we are awaiting arrival of used 2015 85S. It looks like we can use an adapter to utilize our existing home charger that we had installed for the Leaf, however it will be nice to upgrade to a Tesla charger with the longer power cord so we can use a different bay in our garage.

Anyone know of discounts available to purchase a Tesla wall connector?

I have searched the forum and see where some members have received a free one for 2 referrals, but alas none of our friends are interested in a new Tesla right now.

Thanks!

That referral program is over. Your best bet for a discount is to pick one up in the classifieds on this site. The market is flooded with people's unwanted referral rewards so you should be able to easily find one for under 400.

Reactions: ucmndd
There are no discounts on them. Maybe you can find a used one on eBay.

Otherwise the car includes a mobile adapter that can be used with a 220V power outlet but the cord on it is probably similar in length to the charger you already have.

You may not need one. I've been driving Tesla's for a few years and never needed one, rather I had an electrician install what's called a "NEMA 14-50" outlet in the garage and use the cord that came with the cars to plug into that. Granted it does change slower than a Tesla wall charger but still plenty fast enough to top off the battery over night.

You may not need one. I've been driving Tesla's for a few years and never needed one, rather I had an electrician install what's called a "NEMA 14-50" outlet in the garage and use the cord that came with the cars to plug into that. Granted it does change slower than a Tesla wall charger but still plenty fast enough to top off the battery over night.

I agree. Your existing outlet, probably a 14-50, will give you pretty fast charging. I drive my 85 around 75 miles per day and it takes around 2 hours to charge.
Why not just get an EV specific extension cord to reach your other garage bay and use the UMC you will (hopefully) receive with the car?