Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discrepancy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My beloved Rhoda was in an accident on 3-19. She’s still in the shop waiting on parts with no eta for completion.
In reading through the insurance paperwork, I came across this list of my car’s features.
According to my VIN, Rhoda has a spoiler and sport wheels. She has neither.
Am I paying an insurance premium based on features I don’t have?
Is this an insurance issue or a Tesla issue?

D37747F5-2B59-4D04-9B20-512EC17A044F.jpeg

They're listing the parts that come on a Performance car with the Performance Upgrade Package added to it.

Thing is- the VIN tells you none of that.

The VIN on a regular AWD car and a Performance car (with or without the additional PUP) is exactly the same- there's no way from just a VIN to tell the difference.

their breakdown also lists features no model 3 has- the AM radio already mentioned- also an aux input the car does not have...also Xenon headlamps it doesn't have (they're LEDs), and leather seats (it's not leather)

Insurance is not so precise that your premium would go up or down based on the size of the wheel you have or an option like a spoiler. When I insured my M3 they just asked me approximately what I paid for it and insured it to that amount. Since the price of Teslas go up and down almost weekly now, it would be impossible for your insurance company to keep up with the price gyrations and attempt to adjust the premiums accordingly.