Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display Lock-Up After AP Trial Download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having problems downloading the AP Trial software. The download starts, but never finishes even after waiting 4+ hours. This lock-up has now occurred three times. I clear the lock-up by pressing both steering wheel switches for > 5 sec.

The download is occurring in my garage using a 100 MB/Sec Wi-Fi connection.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I downloaded the AP trial software about 3 months ago with any problems.

I never downloaded the trial software, but for the past two mornings I have had the "Trial Downloading" message on my screen. The two-button reset clears it.

I too have fast WiFi in the garage, so I don’t think it is actually trying to download.

I sent a bug report this morning. I’m on 2018.50.6

Wait, how are you getting an AP trial? Has tesla started rolling out another free trial? Did you request one from the service center? Does it come with a discount (as I'd heard rumors about months ago)? How can I get this trial?
I don’t think anyone is actually GETTING the trial, just a message that it is downloading (which it never does).

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod