Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disturbance at super charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does go both ways and I am sure it does happen, but in my years of supercharging, I have never seen an EV parked in front of a gas pump.
I actually did see that once. I was eating at a Subway at the convenience store at a gas station and a Model S pulled up to a pump, got out, went inside to the restroom, returned to his car and drove away.
I've also seen Teslas at J-1772 stations, not plugged in.
Tesla is mainstream. That means they are owned by good people and basic jerks.
That's actually a good thing in my mind, as there will always be jerks and I'd prefer they drive electric than pollute the air.

small issue with that is it extends the time the ICE car is there which is not helpful.. better option is to loosen the tire valve, gets the flat later n no harm to tire :)
regarding OP, any ICE driver that gets triggered at sarcastic "nice Tesla" comment is most definitely was ICEing on purpose
i can ignore non busy single parking ICEing but i'll def "educate" ones that park across few spots (ICE or EV equally lol)
now parking on lawn n stealing power is next level a**hole...
fun conversation lol
stay safe!
WOW...did you just that you would WILLINGLY deflate another vehicles tires? Am I missing something? You literally would deflate someone's tires?
It does go both ways and I am sure it does happen, but in my years of supercharging, I have never seen an EV parked in front of a gas pump.
I have seen this! But I go back to the folks "pulling up and parking" at a gas pump when they have an EV.

That is just wrong. If I was towing my trailer I would find a different place to park even if I have to walk for a minute.

Really if one is towing a trailer they really should drop the trailer before filling up an ICE. Tesla people that trailer drop them. Don't want to block those gas pumps for other drivers.;)

Tesla owners are not immune from also being Dicks

tesla.jpg

When I went to this supercharger, it was completely full, but the car said there was an open charger... It was open, because these two fools on the right parked perpendicular to the chargers, making it so you couldn't access the open charger.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
When I went to this supercharger, it was completely full, but the car said there was an open charger... It was open, because these two fools on the right parked perpendicular to the chargers, making it so you couldn't access the open charger.
In their defense, there are in between white parking spot lines on the ground. I could see being confused by that, especially if they were there first and the other cars came later. The markings are confusing and should be cleaned up.

View attachment 863654

The north end of the row there at Northgate had conflicting lines painted on the blacktop when I went there last year. I was further down the line but saw drivers get confused by them.

The north end of the row there at Northgate had conflicting lines painted on the blacktop when I went there last year. I was further down the line but saw drivers get confused by them.
Looking at that pic, with one way lane marking, its not hard to figure out which way to park.
First two cars either drove in wrong way or went out of their way maneuvering to park like that...

Looking at that pic, with one way lane marking, its not hard to figure out which way to park.
First two cars either drove in wrong way or went out of their way maneuvering to park like that...
There are multiple stations like that in Missouri and Kansas, Tesla and otherwise, where you have to do some weird maneuvering or drive in the wrong way in order not to have to maneuver that way. Rare, but not that uncommon.

Reactions: Rocky_H
In their defense, there are in between white parking spot lines on the ground. I could see being confused by that, especially if they were there first and the other cars came later. The markings are confusing and should be cleaned up.
I've never seen this supercharger empty... Especially at this time of day... Plus all the black curbstops are oriented correctly, so it is pretty easy to see if you are aligned correctly when backing up.

These two guys most likely drove the wrong way down the one-way aisle. But I mean, I suppose some people can have difficulty... One time I watched as the person next to me, pulled in/out and tried like 5 times to align correctly, then stormed out in a rush, only to drive around the structure, and come back 2 minutes later, try 5 more times before leaving for good....

But yeah, they should fix the lines...

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
One time I watched as the person next to me, pulled in/out and tried like 5 times to align correctly, then stormed out in a rush, only to drive around the structure, and come back 2 minutes later, try 5 more times before leaving for good....
I get some ppl have trouble but this is funny 😂

Regarding lines, i think about it this way: when there's a road construction n they paint new lines but u still see 50% of the old lines they tried to erase n its ur responsibility as a driver to figure out how to properly/safely drive. If u can't tell the difference then u don't deserve a license lol
In this case there's also curbstop... so no excuses...

I get some ppl have trouble but this is funny 😂

Regarding lines, i think about it this way: when there's a road construction n they paint new lines but u still see 50% of the old lines they tried to erase n its ur responsibility as a driver to figure out how to properly/safely drive. If u can't tell the difference then u don't deserve a license lol
In this case there's also curbstop... so no excuses...
While I do agree that driver's licenses are a bit too easy to obtain in the US, slow speed activity isn't responsible for many serious accidents either.
I've always been disappointed, however, that Tesla hasn't focused on enabling autopilot to properly park, automatically, in front of a Supercharger. I would think that would be low-hanging fruit to develop (slow speeds, fully controlled environment, plenty of rear sensors, etc) and of high value to drivers.
It might also reduce some of these problems.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
While I do agree that driver's licenses are a bit too easy to obtain in the US, slow speed activity isn't responsible for many serious accidents either.
I've always been disappointed, however, that Tesla hasn't focused on enabling autopilot to properly park, automatically, in front of a Supercharger. I would think that would be low-hanging fruit to develop (slow speeds, fully controlled environment, plenty of rear sensors, etc) and of high value to drivers.
It might also reduce some of these problems.
Since it went to vision only, I don’t even trust autopilot not to hit curbs right now. It’s worse than OG AP2 and dare I say it maybe even worse than Pilot Assist on polestar.

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
Since it went to vision only, I don’t even trust autopilot not to hit curbs right now
Good point. I've got the acoustic sensors which I figure have short range collision avoidance nailed but I forget that they may be removing that from the newer cars. Of course, its the acoustic transducers that make fender-bender repair cost high so I can see the motivation. If they widened the field of view of the B-pillar cameras so they can the front bumper area, coupled with the map formed from the front corner while approaching the curb ares (like our eyes do), there shouldn't be a problem with optically recognizing curbs.
I don't worry about that part of FSD. It's the fast, dynamic situations that I see being the challenge.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
FYI, i just thought of a good reason why Teslas still need to stop by at gas station, windshield squeegee :)
If anyone at Tesla is reading this, you guys should start installing these at SCs, they're imperative for long trips and safety.
Given SCs are unmanned, I would expect it's a bit challenging to have to keep squeegees and their bins filled. Would it be worth paying extra in your charge rate? Me personally? Nope. I carry a microfiber towel and detail spray on the car for the just in case scenarios.