Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Centre Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 78C28B29-9739-49F3-B521-6FD6F7EA3081.jpeg
    78C28B29-9739-49F3-B521-6FD6F7EA3081.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 87
I reckon not Jason. I’m not a fan of the wood but as it’s a lease car I don’t want to risk delamination when I remove it to hand it back. Will deffo do the door handles though.
Sorry do you mind expanding on that? What do you mean by delamination, and do you reckon that's likely to happen or just possible?
I'm about to get my lease car and I was thinking of putting the vinyl wrap as soon as I get it

Sorry do you mind expanding on that? What do you mean by delamination, and do you reckon that's likely to happen or just possible?
I'm about to get my lease car and I was thinking of putting the vinyl wrap as soon as I get it
He means it's wood veneer and taking the vinyl off might take the veneer off. Seems unlikely to me. I guess if it happens there must be stories out there if you look.

As Jason said, it’s the risk that having stuck it on and it sitting under baking sun for however long you keep the car, that it pulls away the wood veneer which I think I’ve seen is a £2000-3000 fix. I’ve not seen anyone posting that this has actually happened but it’s not a risk I’m happy to take, even though I am not a fan of the wood.
Having said that, although the specific kits you buy for the dash come with this very strong 3m tape (I think), having wrapped the centre console I wonder if the glue on that DIY product would be more forgiving.
I suppose We have to hope someone posts saying they’ve removed it successfully after a few years of being attached.

As Jason said, it’s the risk that having stuck it on and it sitting under baking sun for however long you keep the car, that it pulls away the wood veneer which I think I’ve seen is a £2000-3000 fix. I’ve not seen anyone posting that this has actually happened but it’s not a risk I’m happy to take, even though I am not a fan of the wood.
Having said that, although the specific kits you buy for the dash come with this very strong 3m tape (I think), having wrapped the centre console I wonder if the glue on that DIY product would be more forgiving.
I suppose We have to hope someone posts saying they’ve removed it successfully after a few years of being attached.

Where did you get £2-3k? Replacement cost is about £200

No idea where I saw the £2-3k, maybe someone guessing, like me.

Good point about "would leasing company care", first time I've leased a car so I've assumed that they'll want it back in the same spec it was delivered.

Same, though it says in my contract any modifications must be removed before returning.

However if they would notice if quality of work was good Im not sure.

Looks really smart fella, how long did it take you?