Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diy cernmic coating on PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We finally found a place to do full ppf on our MY. The place we going is charging us additional $1500 for cernmic coating. Do u think we should just DIY the cernmic coating, or take it to a different shop just for the cernmic coating? We planning to get Xpel Stealth, so not sure which cernmic coating works well with Stealth.

Reactions: XPEL
We finally found a place to do full ppf on our MY. The place we going is charging us additional $1500 for cernmic coating. Do u think we should just DIY the cernmic coating, or take it to a different shop just for the cernmic coating? We planning to get Xpel Stealth, so not sure which cernmic coating works well with Stealth.
That is twice what I paid in Asheville NC. I also have Xpel (not stealth) and only on the front bumper. The Ceramic Pro quote includes all surfaces and exterior glass. 5 year warranty on ceramic.I am a repeat customer.

I have DIY PPF on my Model 3 and will do the same for the Model Y when that gets delivered. If you are comfortable enough with DIY projects, ceramic coating is not too difficult, especially over PPF.

There are lots of different brands and maybe stick to the brand your installer is using for the ceramic coating. I've used Gyeon Sychros with great success. Costs about $150 and takes about 2-3 hours of your time. If you are comfortable with DIY projects I think it is a low risk/high reward project since your entire car has PPF. The PPF install is much, much more difficult.

I used the XPEL sealant on my stealth.
AF899970-54AE-4F83-9B96-862972D171E0.jpeg
A2184529-F16A-4082-B578-F0809800AA2A.jpeg

Reactions: XPEL
That is twice what I paid in Asheville NC. I also have Xpel (not stealth) and only on the front bumper. The Ceramic Pro quote includes all surfaces and exterior glass. 5 year warranty on ceramic.I am a repeat customer.
Cermic pro for ?$1500 should include a paint prep, so If they are charging your for paint prep prior to the ppf, they are double dipping.