Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks real good!
Red with chrome delete.png

One question if anyone can answer.

I’m planning on beginning this instal tomorrow.

am I right in understanding from the video, that T1 the upper overlap of the vinyl is not to be tucked in? In the video, Stephen doesn’t tuck it, he just attaches it to the rubber trim.

just wanted to check that was correct and on T1 upper excess is to be laid flat on the rubber seal there and not tucked in.

thanks all.

So I tackled the driver and passenger trim sections today. Hopefully to do the dreaded mirrors tomorrow.

initial impressions. It’s very frustrating. But essentially it comes down to practice. If you’ve never used or applied a lot of vinyl, like myself, it will be a game of figuring out your mistakes and rectifying them later. I did the passenger side first, it’s no where near as clean as the driver side.

struggled early on but got into a decent groove with it.

I would really say, my biggest point that I don’t really think is mentioned enough in the videos they have online, which are still super helpful, is under no circumstances should you be stretching the vinyl, being new to this it was kind of hard to keep stopping myself stretching it, this led to numerous issues when you get to the relief cut fold over because you now have too much excess vinyl and the crease at the corner just doesn’t fold over so you’re left with the total mess.

I think I’m going to need to redo a couple pieces.

I’ll report back once the mirrors eventually kill me.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and lUtriaNt
One question if anyone can answer.

I’m planning on beginning this instal tomorrow.

am I right in understanding from the video, that T1 the upper overlap of the vinyl is not to be tucked in? In the video, Stephen doesn’t tuck it, he just attaches it to the rubber trim.

just wanted to check that was correct and on T1 upper excess is to be laid flat on the rubber seal there and not tucked in.

thanks all.

The T1 overlaps the hard rubber trim on the bottom, but is tucked in on the top.

So I tackled the driver and passenger trim sections today. Hopefully to do the dreaded mirrors tomorrow.

initial impressions. It’s very frustrating. But essentially it comes down to practice. If you’ve never used or applied a lot of vinyl, like myself, it will be a game of figuring out your mistakes and rectifying them later. I did the passenger side first, it’s no where near as clean as the driver side.

I would really say, my biggest point that I don’t really think is mentioned enough in the videos they have online, which are still super helpful, is under no circumstances should you be stretching the vinyl, being new to this it was kind of hard to keep stopping myself stretching it, this led to numerous issues when you get to the relief cut fold over because you now have too much excess vinyl and the crease at the corner just doesn’t fold over so you’re left with the total mess.

Let me know if you need any replacement pieces :)

good luck! I actually thought the mirrors weren't too hard. There were some tricky parts but not to bad at all.

Ok I finally got the kit installed. Took my time (about 6 hours) and it turned out pretty well.

My only gripe is that there is sometimes too much material when folding the vinyl at the corners or around rounded edges.
Even with the heat gun, there invariably are creases left from different parts of the folds ending up on each other.

Anyway, here are some photos. @Nikola Pro feel free to use those as you please, as I'm not on any social media (besides LinkedIn, if you consider that social media).

IMG_2894.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2897.jpeg

IMG_2898.jpeg

IMG_2899.jpeg

IMG_2900.jpeg

IMG_2901.jpeg

IMG_2902.jpeg

Ok I finally got the kit installed. Took my time (about 6 hours) and it turned out pretty well.

My only gripe is that there is sometimes too much material when folding the vinyl at the corners or around rounded edges.
Even with the heat gun, there invariably are creases left from different parts of the folds ending up on each other.

Anyway, here are some photos. @Nikola Pro feel free to use those as you please, as I'm not on any social media (besides LinkedIn, if you consider that social media).

View attachment 531342

View attachment 531343

View attachment 531345

View attachment 531347

View attachment 531350

View attachment 531351

View attachment 531352

View attachment 531353

Very nice, is this Satin Black? Also, may I ask what wheels are those?

Very nice, is this Satin Black? Also, may I ask what wheels are those?

Thanks! Yes that’s satin black. The wheels are EV01+ from Fast Wheels (only 18” aeros I could find that fit the performance brake calipers).

I also have a set of 19” Fast Wheels FC04 with track-oriented tires, but they might look good with the chrome delete kit too since they’re dark as well. Hmm maybe I should mount them this weekend just for a photo shoot..

Last edited:
man that's fresh! I'm too scared/lazy to do this. gotta find a shop in LA to do all that.

really nice bro!! i emailed @Nikola Pro asking if they would install but they don't do that unfortunately. would have been happy to drive to them to get this done.

i bought some for the handles, emblems and cameras which i think I can do, but the window and mirror are out of my patience range.

man that's fresh! I'm too scared/lazy to do this. gotta find a shop in LA to do all that.

really nice bro!! i emailed @Nikola Pro asking if they would install but they don't do that unfortunately. would have been happy to drive to them to get this done.

i bought some for the handles, emblems and cameras which i think I can do, but the window and mirror are out of my patience range.

Thanks! It’s really not that difficult to do, just takes time and patience. Given the current crisis and limitations to activities I have access to these days, time seems to be more abundantly available ;)

Reactions: lUtriaNt