Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY fix for a dash rattle

BrianDunning

Mar 1, 2020
Bend, OR
I have a persistent buzz/rattle in my dash: anytime the road is less smooth than a billiard table, it's constant. It comes from the red striped area. I can stop it easily by either pushing down on that area, or by pulling up where the red X is (I could probably jam a cork in there and stop it.)

Service has had the car 3 times (!!!!) and failed to fix this each time. I'm ready for a DYI effort, but everything I've learned is that lifting that top panel is a HUGE project. Does anyone have any insight?
119720612_10157699565536570_8890858178604591532_o.jpg

jmaddr

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
Have you tried removing the wood strip and seeing if that gives you access to the area? I honestly don’t know if it does but removing that strip is pretty trivial to at least have a look. If it does give access, should be an easy fix with some felt or foam tape.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC