Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY MS Door Handle Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great info in this thread!

I've installed the EV Tuning upgrade harness / microswitches, but the handle doesn't work still. Does not present, and does not open the door when pulled. I disassembled the door handle again, reinstalled everything, the paddle gear, original one, wasn't broken, to see that it moves ok. Tested the motor at the same time, and it's fine.

Window controls working fine so it's not the harness I guess (actually when the problem started the windows did not work because of a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse several times but it blew again. Only when I disconnected the door handle was the fuse able to survive, and the windows working).

Can I plug my drivers door handle in my passenger door to see if it works, to make sure it isn't the harness in the drivers door after all? (before I proceed to buy a complete new handle with everything, on Ebay)?
I'm asking because the drivers door handle might be differently controlled than the others (???) - I'm thinking of the setting where you chose to present only the drivers door-handle.
Hi
Great info in this thread!

I've installed the EV Tuning upgrade harness / microswitches, but the handle doesn't work still. Does not present, and does not open the door when pulled. I disassembled the door handle again, reinstalled everything, the paddle gear, original one, wasn't broken, to see that it moves ok. Tested the motor at the same time, and it's fine.

Window controls working fine so it's not the harness I guess (actually when the problem started the windows did not work because of a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse several times but it blew again. Only when I disconnected the door handle was the fuse able to survive, and the windows working).

Can I plug my drivers door handle in my passenger door to see if it works, to make sure it isn't the harness in the drivers door after all? (before I proceed to buy a complete new handle with everything, on Ebay)?
I'm asking because the drivers door handle might be differently controlled than the others (???) - I'm thinking of the setting where you chose to present only the drivers door-handle.
Hi, what was the issue that blown the fuse door handle or the harnest? im haven the same issue ! thanks for any help.

Hello I own a 2018 S and the front passenger handle halfway present then stops and makes a weird motor noise, and when all the other handles close it would try to close with motor noise but stay in the halfway in/out position.
Now for some reason the problem has gone away, for now. What does everyone think was/is the malfunction? TIA

Didn't know which of the 20 door handle threads to choose, so here goes....

Service Center replaced my front passenger door handle on my 2013 MS, with a Gen 2.1 handle.

Immediately after, the front passenger and rear driver's handles present, then immediately retract. After retracting, if you press on the handle, the door opens.

Any help?