Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I buy used or new?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finally going for a test drive tomorrow to actually get into a Model Y after months and months of planning to buy my first Tesla. Currently I am pretty sure I want to order a Model Y Performance but keep an eye on Tesla's used inventory and right now am seeing some intriguing options.

I am curious however if buying a 2021, or (there are a bunch) 2020 will be regrettable because of features of the newer 2022 models? The best "savings" seems to be on a 2020 model with about 23k miles on it. I am thinking though if I go used I'd prefer a 2021 as to keep it as "new" as possible. Would love your thoughts!

I'm finally going for a test drive tomorrow to actually get into a Model Y after months and months of planning to buy my first Tesla. Currently I am pretty sure I want to order a Model Y Performance but keep an eye on Tesla's used inventory and right now am seeing some intriguing options.

I am curious however if buying a 2021, or (there are a bunch) 2020 will be regrettable because of features of the newer 2022 models? The best "savings" seems to be on a 2020 model with about 23k miles on it. I am thinking though if I go used I'd prefer a 2021 as to keep it as "new" as possible. Would love your thoughts!
What did you decide?

I'd not get used as added up features DO add up. There have been numerous improvements to all components of MY since its inception. The suspension is on 19th iteration already.

And yes, 1-1-23 is supposed to be your friend too.