Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Do not share your Reservation Number (RN)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darryl

ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm
Jul 27, 2015
Palm Beach FL
Tesla will be assigning you two numbers. A Reservation Number (RN) and a Reservation Sequence Number (RSN). The Reservation Number (RN) is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private and not shared. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. It may be a while before you see your Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others.

The Model3Tracker.info will become active probably late tonight. Once you get your RSN you should update the tracker with yout RSN. I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

I thought they weren't giving out sequence numbers anymore. At one point, you could find it hidden on your MyTesla page, but at least one Model 3 reservation holder today reported that is no longer the case. (My MyTesla page has not been updated yet, so I can't confirm.)

I don't expect Tesla to issue sequence numbers this time around. It provides too much transparency to the number of reservations placed and is insignificant when large groups are invited to configure at the same time.
Yeah, I'm thinking that too. The number has not much relevance to your actual place in line anyways (given the variances on configuration, region, and priority for owners, etc).

They are handling the orders differently this time by creating multible queues and giving priority to current owners and allowing employees to reserve in advance. Eventually everyone will get a reservation sequence number but it could be a long time before this happens. I think they learned last time in giving this number out to early set certain expectations. By waiting it gives Tesla more flexibility. From what I understand they may even wait until a few months before production starts to share this information but eventually everyone will be assigned a number.

I learned yesterday that current Tesla owners will be assigned to the West Coast queue and then given priority within that queue. Since Tesla has already said the cars in the west coast coast queue would be produced first. They also said within the queues highly optioned cars would be produced first this would mean a current owner who orders a loaded car should get their cars first no matter where they are in the US.

The main point I was trying to get across was for forum users not post their reservation number (RN) as this is their account number with Tesla. I have already seen several users both on this forum as well as the Tesla Motors forum post their RN.

I learned yesterday that current Tesla owners will be assigned to the West Coast queue and then given priority within that queue. Since Tesla has already said the cars in the west coast coast queue would be produced first. They also said within the queues highly optioned cars would be produced first this would mean a current owner who orders a loaded car should get their cars first no matter where they are in the US.

Is that a known fact. That will be good.