Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do not subscribe to FSD on delivery before confirming Auto Pilot works after calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got delivery of my MYP a little over a month ago. I traded my Model 3 with EAP so, getting used to that, I wanted to subscribe to FSD to have navigate on autopilot and auto park from day one. Little that I know, my autopilot was faulty and didn't work from the factory. Of course you don't know this before it calibrates first which happens pretty quickly now. After it did calibrate, I realized I couldn't enable autopilot, none of the security features worked like emergency stop. I didn't have any hardware error messages so I was pretty sure at that point it was most likely a software bug. After a restart it would work for a minute or so before it got disabled again. I immediately made an appointment through Tesla app and the earliest appointment was several weeks away. I told them to perhaps send me the latest update but they told me the branch of software my vehicle was on didn't have any available updates. I have canceled the FSD subscription but already got charged for the month. I contacted customer support through chat and they told me there are no refunds on FSD, and they didn't seem to care it wasn't my fault that I got delivery of a vehicle with a non working autopilot system. I have been told to have service take care of the issue first and they can help me. Of course with several delays due to missing parts (had other items to be repaired like the spoiler) I was able to drop my vehicle after 30 plus days to the service to get it diagnosed and it took them 8 days to figure it out, get approval from engineering and replace the broken car computer (not FSD computer). Again I have been told by service department they cannot do anything with the FSD subscription and reach out to customer support and guess what they said, they will reach out to the service department for someone to give me a call. Long story short, just wait for a day until the autopilot calibrates and make sure your autopilot works before you subscribe to FSD. They have no idea how to deal with an issue like this and not sure if I will ever get refunded back.

As an update the service department called me back and told me they will issue me a check for the subscription amount and will take around 3-4 weeks to be processed and get to me. Not sure why it is this hard for them to do refunds when especially it's their fault but I guess it's not built into the system.