Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do the details of Model 3 really matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"These are all points that Tesla is fully aware of, and have been aware of, for quite some time now."
Probably so. Again, I'd draw a wide line between knowing something, and doing something about it. Teen pregnancy, for example. And remember, Detroit "knew" that Americans would never buy foreign cars. Or electric cars. Or that Tesla couldn't possibly succeed. As Twain said, "It ain't what you don't know that'll get you in trouble. It's what you're sure of and just ain't so."
Along that line, Tesla "knows" people will buy their cars because a great many well-heeled early adopters have been doing just that. They seem to "know" that a single screen with a smorgasbord of data on it- an entire car's worth of performance, status, navigation and entertainment information- will be accepted because it seems like a great, economical engineering solution, and, well, they thought of it.
Reminds me a bit of this:
:View attachment 216424
It all may work out fine, of course, and I hope it does. But engineering hubris has led the company astray in the recent past. It will be a very good thing if they've learned the right lessons from it.
Robin
Wow. Perhaps you should try reading the 'Risk Factors' section of Tesla's SEC filings. Goodbye.

I don't care much about the details since for now, I only have the following on my bucket list:
AWD, winter package, dynamic cruise control and perhaps a bigger battery, auto emergency braking and speeding (to avoid rear end collision :) ) and maybe sun roof for the women in the household.

I only care about how much easier the car can be serviced at independent shops (Tesla promises more serviceability in terms of manuals and parts) once the four or eight year warranties are over and how reliable the car will be after a year out on the road.

My position is around 72k and I'm on the East Coast so I think I won't be able to configure mine until early to mid 2018, which gives me lots of time to read and learn about people's experiences with the car.

If the quality is much worst, I may not proceed with the purchase since I tend to hold on to cars for a very long time and in 2018/19, Hyundai/Kia/Honda and the Germans will have their EVs out too though I still won't consider German cars because of the pricey maintenance and electric gremlins that miraculously appear after the fourth year.

Reactions: Red Sage
Elon says something, and we all have our own interpretations.
He has not revealed much extra info about Model 3.

So I am writing what I believe, and you are writing what you believe - NO ONE IS LYING OR TRYING TO DECEIVE ANYONE!
This is what this forum is for, exchange of ideas and opinions.

I'm not lying because I'm not claiming to know what he means. I'm only claiming to know how most consumers will feel. Mind you, that's not most of the users on this site. Tesla will unnecessarily limit their consumer base with a weird, barren interior.

Wow. Perhaps you should try reading the 'Risk Factors' section of Tesla's SEC filings. Goodbye.
Don't go getting all huffy. I very much hope your version is the one that comes to pass. I just am warier about the effects of the "Elon Distortion Field" and have a bit less faith (despite Tesla's SEC risk factors filing) in the works of Top Men.
Robin

Top Men.jpg