Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do the Ventilated seats blow or suck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cyb_

LR Model S | Red/White 19”
Jul 19, 2018
Virginia
I remember the ventilated seats being very strong and definitely though it was blowing air on me but for some reason, Level 1/2/3 all feel the same now. There is no strength difference between the three. Am I missing something?

One notable thing is the difference of cold outside climate vs warm now. I have read in other places about how the 2016 X sucked air.

Blow... mine works great on '21 Refresh, with noticeable increase in air (and sound it makes) between 1,2 and 3.
I think they’ve gone from suck to blow.
Thanks guys. I am not crazy then. Mine isn't blowing anymore on both the seats. I will try to see if a wire is disconnected. If i can't get it working i will set up a service appointment.

Thanks guys. I am not crazy then. Mine isn't blowing anymore on both the seats. I will try to see if a wire is disconnected. If i can't get it working i will set up a service appointment.
No you're not crazy. The blowing sound is significantly louder in 2 and 3, with 3 being obviously audible, and 1 being near silent. It also gets bloody cold if you have bare legs.

Reactions: pilotSteve and Cyb_
No you're not crazy. The blowing sound is significantly louder in 2 and 3, with 3 being obviously audible, and 1 being near silent. It also gets bloody cold if you have bare legs.
Sounds good. I sent in a service request. I checked under the seat and noticed the fan was blowing air out. That might be related.

I think they’ve gone from suck to blow.
Best movie ever

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8~2.jpg

Hi guys. Would someone be able to verify that their seats are blowing air on them. Tesla service claims that it's working as should and that it's designed to suck air

From experience, I can tell you as someone who have had ventilated seats on every car I owned since 2002, majority of them are Mbenz, BMW and Lexus.... I found the Tesla ventilated seats to be better than any other car I owned, even better than my S-class..... I think the reason for that is that the seats are simple and they do not have all the massage seat pockets u find in most other cars, hence the air flow is better. My reference is a 2023 Model S.