Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do you have every minor defect fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just making a list, and will get them addressed just before the 50k warranty lapses (in approx 12 more months). So far my list has two things: the magnet on the underside of the charge port door is gone (which means I can't open the door by touch), and the tail lights have condensate in them after I go through the car wash. I figure I might as well wait on both, since with time Tesla will hopefully get better at solving the issues instead of just putting the same parts in there and having them fail again.

All this said, if I do have a service issue come up (none yet) that is worthy of being fixed ~now, I'll add the above items to that work order of course.

Hello

Just took delivery this afternoon of a SR+. Love it more than I expected. I did notice some small imperfections in the paint (small spot) and a minor curve in a wheel well that bugs me a bit. My question is are these things that you as a buyer would have Tesla fix? I am not sure if it will bother me a month from now or not or if I would regret not getting it addressed. Looking forward to chatting with everyone. TIA

Yes

Held off for around 5 months on some vibrations that mildly annoyed me. I took a few hour trip with a coworker with the music turned low and it really bothered me so I had a mobile ranger stop at my work. A few hours later and the noise it gone plus a few other issues I had also gone. Glad Inwaited. It also glad I had them taken care of.

I have a few extremely minor paint issues (nibs) that I've overlooked.

However, I currently have an error message about not being able to use touch to open my charge port door. While I don't ever use touch anyway, the little red circle with an exclamation point is still on my screen looking back at me each day. Before anyone asks, the little diamond part is there and affixed just fine. No idea what the issue is although touch has never worked for me anyway.

I decided not to get any of the paint defects fixed I knew my kids would destroy the paint almost immediately. Also don't like touching the factory finish because no matter how good a paint shop is nothing is better than the factory coating .

This is not true. Top of the line paint shops use higher quality paints and more layers than OEM.

This is not true. Top of the line paint shops use higher quality paints and more layers than OEM.

I completely agree !! I don't have a paint thickness gauge or anything - but just visually looking at my car, the resprayed panels from the Tesla approved body shop look much better than OEM. Even the Tesla mobile techs commented Tesla did a poor job when painting my car.

Reactions: woodguyatl
I had a 3 small paint issues that the service center was able to buff out immediately for me. Since then I had to replace my rear window because the heating element cracked the glass inside. Other than that I haven't done anything, though my paint and front windshield are definitely taking a beating- many small rock chips