Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think since we are all car guys (we wouldn't be on a forum otherwise) we are subjected to the "nice" end of teslas, we see photos of well taken care of cars and i think the most impressively photographed cars are the blue and red squad since i think those paints are the most reflective, i would throw black in here too. i see some blue and reds around my house and makes me feel good about my superclean MSM but then i see forum photos and get sad again not choosing blue/red lol

it is what it is, i have a few wrap colors in mind for next year...

Reactions: Kleenerth3 and KenC
Initially, I wanted Dark Blue Metallic, but thought it might not be as practical as Metallic Silver (my second choice) as far a hiding dust and dirt. When I actually saw the two colors, I actually preferred the Silver. However, since Tesla dropped the Silver before I got my car, I ended up with my original choice of Blue. I don't regret getting Blue and friends have commented how beautiful it is. The one color choice I may have reconsidered if I had the opportunity is with the seats. I went with black, but the white seats along with the blue paint are a stunning combination.
Funny how you described our thought pattern exactly. I started out thinking black, usually the most expensive paint option. My wife said let's splurge then matched your story. Ended up with a combo we're both in love with.

i think since we are all car guys (we wouldn't be on a forum otherwise) we are subjected to the "nice" end of teslas, we see photos of well taken care of cars and i think the most impressively photographed cars are the blue and red squad since i think those paints are the most reflective, i would throw black in here too. i see some blue and reds around my house and makes me feel good about my superclean MSM but then i see forum photos and get sad again not choosing blue/red lol

it is what it is, i have a few wrap colors in mind for next year...
I can always tell the car guys by the posts. I enjoy yours and look forward to seeing how your wrap turns out and which way you go on the color spectrum!
Vive le differance! :cool:

I don't think there is much recourse, as the warranty probably doesn't cover paint chips, however unreasonable it seems to get a dozen chips in the first month. Best I can do is pay to repair the chips and pay to apply a film.

Try not to get too fixated on it that you don't enjoy all else that your car gives you. Maybe some touch up, followed by either flaps, PPF and/or Ceramic coating? My M3 has 1000 miles now, and zero chips. I got mud flaps and Ceramic coating (to improve paint hardness) on right away and feel that saved me from rocker and door chip damage. Surprisingly, my front bumper is still 100% as well. The only small chips I have (since been repaired by the Tesla paint repair kit), were two small ones the Tesla SC dudes did when installing my Homelink. o_O

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I wasn't thrilled about paying more for it, but I really wanted red. So, I got red. I've had my car for 9 months. In retrospect, maybe I could have gotten the standard black and wrapped it to be a bit more unique. I still think the red is stunning.

why do you differentiate btween MX & MX Raven? i'm new here trying to learn

Sure- the MX Raven has a new motor (same reluctance motor in the Model 3) that affords it more range (+30 miles). But the most noticeable difference is the suspension… It has a new adaptive suspension that gives it a buttery ride. They truly feel like different cars. Outside of that and HW3, there is no noticeable difference vs our 2018 build MX.

• Informative
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Sure- the MX Raven has a new motor (same reluctance motor in the Model 3) that affords it more range (+30 miles). But the most noticeable difference is the suspension… It has a new adaptive suspension that gives it a buttery ride. They truly feel like different cars. Outside of that and HW3, there is no noticeable difference vs our 2018 build MX.
thanks

With Tesla's now limited color range, I find myself not particularly fully satisfied with any of the choices.

Please share your experiences with your M3:
- Are you happy with what you picked or do you see a different color and pine for it?
- Is there anything about your color you don't like? Gets too hot, shows too much dirt, gets chipped easily, etc.

Please share experiences along with how long you have owned (and of course, the color you chose and why).

Thanks!

Color: Red, because I never owned a red car
Happiness level: Deliriously Happy
Duration 511 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes

RT

With Tesla's now limited color range, I find myself not particularly fully satisfied with any of the choices.

Please share your experiences with your M3:
- Are you happy with what you picked or do you see a different color and pine for it?
- Is there anything about your color you don't like? Gets too hot, shows too much dirt, gets chipped easily, etc.

Please share experiences along with how long you have owned (and of course, the color you chose and why).

Thanks!
Just want to inject that i recently read the paint is so fragile due to Cali laws...much happier knowing that b/c i thought i was dealing with a sub par car manu!!

I picked blue immediately and only the desire for red for a few minutes. Just had ceramic installed and love how versatile the blue is. I love it.
20190825_162655.jpg
20190825_172232.jpg
20190825_162701.jpg
20190825_162645.jpg

Attachments

• 20190825_162632.jpg
    20190825_162632.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 28