Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Document Your Settings, Just in Case?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happened to me with the latest S/W install of 2023.2.10. Everything was gone except for the keys setup even though all the profiles and every other setting such as trip A and B were zero'd. First time it happened to me and very upsetting and time consuming to go through each setting to review and select once again.

The majority of my settings were reset after the last 2 fsd beta updates (it reset twice). My cloud profile allowed it to keep some. Off the top of my head the settings that got messed up....I had to toggle remote access via the app again, reestablish PIN for glovebox, reenroll to FSD Beta. All my trips info was lost which included a lifetime trip which sucks but oh well. It's annoying but whatever. Maybe Tesla will provide a feature to do a full backup to the usb drive prior to installing the software update one of these days.

I have had a Tesla since April 2018, and this has never happened after countless updates.
Hasn't happened to me either, but it has happened to a number of other people recently. It's not just updates either, some have reported this happening after a reboot without an update. People have had mixed luck restoring settings from cloud profiles.

Reactions: BobHinden