Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a glictch and need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there I over Christmas I downloaded and installed the lasted update onto my tesla model 3 long range dual motor. This week glitch happened where the car didn't lock after I got out. And it everything stayed running. I tried locking it with the app and with the cards. It just flashes the indicators but dosnt turn off and the mirrors stay out and the lights stay on so to does the aircon keep running. I tried rebooting but this did nothing. Then tried powering off the car In the safety settings only to find it just turns it's self back on immediately. After a while I find the brake lights come on.

I then found the update from Christmas was available again so I redownloaded it and that seemed to work it stopped for a night. Next night I've been out to super charge it for tomorrow and the glitch stated again. Again the car is displaying about the update from Christmas but the app isn't so I connected the car to WiFi and it stated but then got stuck. I've injured my back tonight and with it screaming and it being late I've gone to bed. Best I can do is leave it locked with the aircon off. But the screen is still on inside it.

Is there anything anyone can suggest?

Solution
That sounds like the driver's seat sensor is malfunctioning. it happened to me, twice. The car thinks you're still sitting in it so everything stays on. When that happens try opening and closing the driver's door... I believe everything will shut down. If that's your situation, a seat sensor replacement will be required.
It would be helpful if you told us if your car was still under warranty. If that were the case I would make the it a Tesla problem. Have you tried a hard reboot? That would be by pressing the two buttons and the brake pedal continuously until the Tesla logo appears on the screen. Otherwise I can always suggest that you reach out to Tesla.

Upvote 0
That sounds like the driver's seat sensor is malfunctioning. it happened to me, twice. The car thinks you're still sitting in it so everything stays on. When that happens try opening and closing the driver's door... I believe everything will shut down. If that's your situation, a seat sensor replacement will be required.

Upvote 0
Solution
It would be helpful if you told us if your car was still under warranty. If that were the case I would make the it a Tesla problem. Have you tried a hard reboot? That would be by pressing the two buttons and the brake pedal continuously until the Tesla logo appears on the screen. Otherwise I can always suggest that you reach out to Tesla.
Yes I tried the hard reboot it didn't fix the issue. But not to worry its sorted now.

Upvote 0
The same thing was happening to me about 30% of the time. I would have to shut the door twice for it to lock. My solution was to keep my foot off the brake. While getting out of the car my size 13 was hitting the brake pedal. Since I became aware of this it no longer happens.
Tesla Service advises that to prevent that you should have your foot surgically shortened.

(Okay, just kidding. 😉 )

Upvote 0