Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does a front/rear camera switch mod exist for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering, does this kit for the model X/S work for the model 3? If not, is there any alternative method to see the front view when parking? Why is the kit only advertised for use with the model X and S? Is the model 3's camera different in a way that breaks the system?

I'm getting very tired of scraping the underside of the nose on the curb barriers that it's perfectly aligned to hit every time, but just below the ultrasonics' view. Any suggestions on a solution to implementing the parking camera switch (or another workaround) would be much appreciated.

I don’t have an answer to your question; however I have been considering this license plate frame camera sold at Costco. It’s marketed for rear view; but literature says it can instead be used on front plate.

Perhaps besides answering your question; down other TMC responders can advise if they have tried this license plate frame camera.

The Costco listing is at:

https://www.costco.com/Type-S-Solar...Wireless-Backup-Camera.product.100425010.html

Reactions: APotatoGod