Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does all model 3 come with winter package like heated seats and mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 of my coworkers and I just bought our 2023 SR last month and all of us have the cold weather package included. I guess that includes heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. First car Iv owned that has one. Works great on those cold nights after work but man, does it get hot fast.

Reactions: brianbcc
Does all model 3 come with winter package like heated seats and mirrors?
If you are looking at used, it depends on the year. The earlier Model 3s did not come with heated steering wheels. There was some time around 2020 (don't remember the exact year and duration) where Tesla wasn't including heated side mirrors for a while, then they came back. The early Model 3 SR/SR+ had the heated rear seats, but did not include the ability to use them unless you paid a fee to unlock it (not sure if they eventually made it free for all or just after a certain model year).

I really wish my 2020 had the heated wheel... Anyone successfully approached a retrofit or alternative solution as of yet?

My 2022 LR M3 came with obviously. My wife drove mine for a week and got use to it so I paid the $300 on her 2001 SRP ($39,900) and got the wheel and back seats...🤬

I'm guessing it may have to do with what the current MSRP is if they "include" things?

Last edited:
Reactions: rpiotro
On cold mornings i just rub my hands together they heat up fairly quickly and put a hot water bottle on my seat acts as a seat warmer🤣
This may be a first for this forum. A hot water bottle (in connection with a model 3) and a plug in the cig lighter (thanks KC).
And I really do not want to know what you are doing with these things or maybe I do.
They have a new thing called a smart phone, its called smart cause it is. You talk to your car and
tell it to get hot or cold. (winter and summer even). After 5 minutes seats are hot as my partner and
the wheel also. Of course you can go old school and microwave your leather gloves if you really like it
real hot.
Never mind

Reactions: rpiotro