Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does This Car Have EA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla newbie here with a question about Autopilot. I have been looking for a Model S 2017-2018. How can I tell from the center display if the car has Enhanced Autopilot? Here are pix of the Software screens from two 2017 MS 100Ds. Can you tell if either has EA? Should I be concerned that the car on the right doesn't list “Premium Connectivity” as an included package? I realize that neither has FSD, and that the car on the right has the older 2.5 hardware.
Tesla100D-softwareComp.png

The one on the left does have FSD.

The one on the right doesn't have EAP, or FSD. I don't think it even has AP, as I thought that should be listed. (I think they made it standard in 2019, so it is possible that a 2017 doesn't have it.)

As you noticed it also doesn't have Premium Connectivity, so it likely went through Tesla's hands at which point they removed the lifetime Premium Connectivity.

The one on the right has neither.
And just to be clear, the one on the right has no Autopilot, no TACC, no Autosteer, no EAP, no FSD, no Premium Connectivity

The one on the right is in dire need of a map update, which is pending. It's on 2 year old maps!
Yep, that could be a red flag, that there is something wrong and that can't be updated. (Maybe the maps SD card has failed?)

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Can I still choose to pay for PC, or is that car somehow locked out of premium connectivity?
Yes, you would still be able to subscribe to the premium connectivity package. ($9.99/month or $99/year.)

And I assume you could pay to add AP, EAP, or FSD. I don't know how much AP would cost. (But the owner should be able to show the upgrade option in their app. Or maybe even the Upgrades tab on the car.)

That is what I thought, but the Autopilot page for the car on the right has lots of toggles and features that seem like more than base AP (autosteer, navigate on autopilot, summon, etc.). Does this look like base AP, EP, or something else?
Autopilot1.jpg
That does look like it has EAP. Weird that it doesn't show that on the info page... (Any chance someone has hacked to enable features?)

That is what I thought, but the Autopilot page for the car on the right has lots of toggles and features that seem like more than base AP (autosteer, navigate on autopilot, summon, etc.). Does this look like base AP, EP, or something else?
We lost the left / right in this post, it was top and bottom.

But I'd swear that the top picture is for the FSD car (on the left in original post) and the bottom picture is the non-FSD (the right picture).

But, it appears to me, that the left and the top picture are from different cars. In the left picture I don't see any software updates pending and on the top picture there is one.

We lost the left / right in this post, it was top and bottom.

But I'd swear that the top picture is for the FSD car (on the left in original post) and the bottom picture is the non-FSD (the right picture).

But, it appears to me, that the left and the top picture are from different cars. In the left picture I don't see any software updates pending and on the top picture there is one.
Yes, sorry, top/bottom/left/right has gotten muddy. In my original post, the car on the left (with the white background) is only there as a comparison. It is the car on the right (with the dark background) that I am buying. The subsequent pix are all from the car on the right.