Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone drive more aggressive before supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly, when I know I'm headed to a supercharger and have range to spare my foot tends to get a little heavy. Granted, the cost of supercharging was built into the price, it just feels like a freebee to punch it a little.

I've never had that feeling going to the gas station in an ICE vehicle. Curious too how home charging might change driving habits?

Reactions: preilly44
Yes, I am definitely guilty of that.
I hate needing to supercharge when the battery is not very empty (eg. needing to charge from 70% to 90% to reach some remote Aussie spot).
So even though I know it's insane, I'd rather arrive with 65% because the charge speed will be faster. It's insane because by the time the charge gets to the 70% it would have been if I'd driven gently the rate of charging has dropped to what it would have been if I'd just arrived at 70%, and I'd have avoided the time spent charging from 65% to 70%.
And that, folks, is some heavy usage of the perfect continuous conditional tense. Apologies to the ESL members...

Human nature, I think.
1. Getting something for nothing
2. Justifying an effort

Reminds me of a joke for item 2.:
A guy is relieving himself at a restroom. As he finishes, a nickle drops out of his pocket into the urinal. Immediately, he reaches into his pocket and throws more change into the urinal. The guy next to him notices and asks: Why? His response: "You don't think I'd stick my hand in there for a nickle, do you?"