Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone else have an almost new keycard that looks all worn out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

itguy88

Aug 10, 2021
ohio
I have owned my tesla for 2 weeks. I keep my key card in a leather credit card sleeve and carry it in my breast pocket of my suit. Why does my key card look like I have carelessly carrying it in my backpacker? If there is one thing I am disappointed greatly with since buying my Tesla is how cheap the key card is. Why not make this like the titanium Apple card, or a metal CC like my Marriott card. This key card is just a cheap piece of plastic. Seems like a great place where they could have spent a little more money, seeing as the manual tells you to always carry the key with you.

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
I have owned my tesla for 2 weeks. I keep my key card in a leather credit card sleeve and carry it in my breast pocket of my suit. Why does my key card look like I have carelessly carrying it in my backpacker? If there is one thing I am disappointed greatly with since buying my Tesla is how cheap the key card is. Why not make this like the titanium Apple card, or a metal CC like my Marriott card. This key card is just a cheap piece of plastic. Seems like a great place where they could have spent a little more money, seeing as the manual tells you to always carry the key with you.
I had both of mine brand new look like they were left on the dash in extreme heat. I had a service for my glove box not closing and mentioned it.. he looked at them and gave me two replacements on the spot. you may want to complain to them about it.. they are super cheap and don't think they would hesitate to just give you new ones if yours looked like they were all melted and warped like mine were.

I wish they would give us the cheap ones but have an option for better ones.. I just keep mine in my wallet.. haven't had to use it.. but know it's there in case I need it.