Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know what are these screws for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else found similar screws? I can’t figure out what are this screw for. I found it at the passenger door panel.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_9923.jpeg
    IMG_9923.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9922.jpeg
    IMG_9922.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9921.jpeg
    IMG_9921.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 72
Spares.

I wouldn't fret. A screw may be dropped and no-one is going to spend a lot of time looking for it on an assembly line. Save them. You may need one someday.

It could be worse. I had an uncle that worked at an AMC assembly plant in Milwaukee. They would dispose of empty beer bottles inside of the doors before the panels would go on. Ahh, the good old days of American automobile manufacturing.

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev and Adam3
Upvote 0
Spares.

It could be worse. I had an uncle that worked at an AMC assembly plant in Milwaukee. They would dispose of empty beer bottles inside of the doors before the panels would go on. Ahh, the good old days of American automobile manufacturing.

Its good he wasn't a surgeon.

I believe that's the worse occupation to have spare parts left over that you don't know what to do with.

• Funny
Reactions: rpiotro and afadeev
Upvote 0
Has anyone else found similar screws? I can’t figure out what are this screw for. I found it at the passenger door panel.

Any ideas?
Check your door panel screws. But if I remember correctly, they are more like bolts than screws.

Your's look more like the license plate screws, but they are Phillips head on mine (not Torx). Check your license plates for missing screws (and if they are torx head)?

Upvote 0