Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone want to trade referrals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just get your referral link, use it to go to order page and place your order.
I did call and ask them to add it after the fact and they did it with no question asked.
If you Google it you can find people have done it before.
Oh I've already ordered but I will ask them to do that for me. Do you know, once you take delivery, how long does it take for the miles to activate? With next year charging being free, I don't know if I'll even be able to use the 1000 free miles since they also expire within a year I believe?

I ordered in September and forgot to put on a referral code. They added it for me between then and delivery (November). Unless something has changed really recently, referrals can be added.

Did you actually get the miles when you had your car delivered? It’s been widely reported here sales reps won’t (and don’t even have the ability any more) to add the code after the fact. I had someone be told by a sales guy that the code was added but they ended up never getting the miles and I never did either... maybe it’s changed again back to being able to be added...

Did you actually get the miles when you had your car delivered? It’s been widely reported here sales reps won’t (and don’t even have the ability any more) to add the code after the fact. I had someone be told by a sales guy that the code was added but they ended up never getting the miles and I never did either... maybe it’s changed again back to being able to be added...

Yes, I got the miles, they showed up in the loot box just as expected after delivery.

EDIT: I know in the past they've had issues with sales reps changing them without being asked. Maybe they've limited access to fewer employees now? idk...

Oh I've already ordered but I will ask them to do that for me. Do you know, once you take delivery, how long does it take for the miles to activate? With next year charging being free, I don't know if I'll even be able to use the 1000 free miles since they also expire within a year I believe?
Based on my prior experience the miles should be added the same day of taking delivery.

Referral codes can NOT be applied after an order has been made.
. Wrong..

I ordered in September and forgot to put on a referral code. They added it for me between then and delivery (November). Unless something has changed really recently, referrals can be added.

I ordered on 12/1 without using referral, called Tesla on 12/3 to add my own referral, they did it and i can see my name in my referred friends list. Pretty sure you can add it after placing order but I’ll see what happens when i take delivery.

Yes, the referral code can be added after you order the car. That's how we did it for our first model 3 in Nov. 2019. I had to ask a few times if they did it but I did get it after a couple of emails. But yes, the easiest way is to click on the referral link and ordering it that way so you don't have to chase Tesla to get the miles.

That's not true. There's been inconsistent application of referral codes after orders have been made.
Referral codes can NOT be applied after an order has been made.

You ABSOLUTELY CAN add a referral code after the fact.

In my excitement to order a Tesla I ordered through the general webpage thinking I would have the option to add a name during the ordering process or through the Tesla app (which I also thought would provide order status but is useless (tease) unless tied to a vehicle). Neither turned out to be true, lesson learned. I recently contacted a Sales Associate at my delivery location (I pickup on Monday 12/21) to check on status and asked him if I could add a referral. He said 'YES'.

ONLY CONDITION:
REFERRAL MUST BE ADDED BEFORE TAKING DELIVERY!!!

In my excitement to order a Tesla I ordered through the general webpage thinking I would have the option to add a name during the ordering process or through the Tesla app (which I also thought would provide order status but is useless (tease) unless tied to a vehicle).

Ha, I had the same experience. The app even acts like its going to show you some demos or something, but in reality it is just effectively a blank screen.