Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend used my code to buy a new Tesla, I received the 10K credits and bought 2K of SuperCharging miles and a year of premium connectivity, my account shows it is paid through Nove 2024. That left me 2700 credits. Not much I can buy with that, so can I buy a second year of Premimun Connectivity extending my prepaid service to Nov 2025?

Disregard, I blindly redeemed a second year of free connectivity and it accepted it.

Last edited:
Hey, when your friend ordered, did your credits immediately appear? I used a referral for my order yesterday, but the person who referred me hasn’t received any credits. How long does it take for those credits to appear?

Hey, when your friend ordered, did your credits immediately appear? I used a referral for my order yesterday, but the person who referred me hasn’t received any credits. How long does it take for those credits to appear?
They appeared a few minutes after he ACCEPTED DELIVERY from his phone app. I was amazed as I was hovering nearby observing the delivery when my iPhone "dinged", I checked my e-mail and there was a message from Tesla confirming my 10K credits. So it should happen just after DELIVERY.

And my friend received his 3 months of FREE FSD which we used on the 160-mile trip back home, as were the 6 months of FREE SuperCharging when we stopped at a SuperCharger to make sure that worked.

They appeared a few minutes after he ACCEPTED DELIVERY from his phone app. I was amazed as I was hovering nearby observing the delivery when my iPhone "dinged", I checked my e-mail and there was a message from Tesla confirming my 10K credits. So it should happen just after DELIVERY.

And my friend received his 3 months of FREE FSD which we used on the 160-mile trip back home, as were the 6 months of FREE SuperCharging when we stopped at a SuperCharger to make sure that worked.

Gotcha. I accepted a VIN last night through the app, but delivery is scheduled next week. I’ll check again next week after I take delivery. Hopefully it shows up.

Gotcha. I accepted a VIN last night through the app, but delivery is scheduled next week. I’ll check again next week after I take delivery. Hopefully it shows up.
It shows up after Delivery is accepted. Same thing happened to me yesterday. Person accepted delivery. I got pinged that 10,000 credits were deposited. 5 mins later, I ordered Acceleration Boost, 500 credits left. LOL. I'm not sure what I can do with 500 credits. Hoping for another referral to come through.

Turns out because I had a Tesla before that I don’t qualify for the referral. The advisor told me that since I am a previous owner, I automatically opt in for the Loyalty program, which is the same as the referral credit.

Sucks for the referrer though, since they don't get anything out of it. :(

Turns out because I had a Tesla before that I don’t qualify for the referral. The advisor told me that since I am a previous owner, I automatically opt in for the Loyalty program, which is the same as the referral credit.

Sucks for the referrer though, since they don't get anything out of it. :(

In your case the referrer = you (since you already have a tesla). It makes sense if you think about it. If you already have a Tesla, the only person who is actually referring you to buy another one is you. Either you like it enough to buy another one, or dont. The rest is them paying for something that already happened.

Reactions: badiban
In your case the referrer = you (since you already have a tesla). It makes sense if you think about it. If you already have a Tesla, the only person who is actually referring you to buy another one is you. Either you like it enough to buy another one, or dont. The rest is them paying for something that already happened.

Yep, it makes sense. Just wish it was clearer during the order process since I did have confirmation of the referral credit. But I am happy that I still get the same benefits. I am excited to try FSD.

Reactions: jjrandorin
My friend used my code to buy a new Tesla, I received the 10K credits and bought 2K of SuperCharging miles and a year of premium connectivity, my account shows it is paid through Nove 2024. That left me 2700 credits. Not much I can buy with that, so can I buy a second year of Premimun Connectivity extending my prepaid service to Nov 2025?

Disregard, I blindly redeemed a second year of free connectivity and it accepted it.
Hi Tom!
Do I understand this correctly that they let you stack the Premium connectivity? Meaning your end date now is Nov 2025?
Also, when you bought the first extension, did it extend it from the previous end date, or did it show the new end date 12 months from the date you applied the credits?
Thanks!