Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Does everyone pay $1200 for destination and doc fees?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, not just Tesla. Same fee regardless of where in the U.S. a new car is delivered from a factory. Government mandated law.
Until about 30 years ago, people used to by from dealers and drive to Detroit to pickup at the factory to save on the transportation fee.

Reactions: Rogue Synapse
Yes, destination and doc fee was high. I paid 1275 if i remember right. I was was laughing after cause it was so much. I could have picked up the car from Fremont and made a vacation out it if i had a choice.

I'm just curious if everyone pays this. This will be the first car that I’ve never negotiated the price on. It feels strange.

Someone tweeted this question to Elon about a month ago and his response was "Yes". Applies to Freemont as well. I think he mentioned something about getting a free factory tour though I'm not sure the value of a tour is $1,200.

Only time I recall them waiving the destination fee was back in Q3 2016 when there were heavy discounts on (mostly inventory) cars. Some people were reporting that Tesla was waiving the destination fee. I believe there are couple of threads about it here...