Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does it Matter Where I Take Delivery (Westchester vs. Syosset)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a confirmed Model X order and wondering whether it matters where I take delivery. I'm in NYC (Astoria, Queens) and I selected the Westchester store for delivery but I could just as easily go to Syosset (Long Island). Seems like the Syosset store is getting more early Model X action and may be a higher volume location overall.

Does anyone have any direct experience with either store to say whether they'd make a better delivery location? I chose Westchester simply because a.) the guy who took us on our first Model S test drive in Brooklyn was from the Westchester store and B.) I hate driving on the LIE. :) But if the Syosset store is getting to be a kind of regional hub for Model X service and/or delivery, maybe it would make more sense to get it delivered there?

All opinions welcomed. :)

Picked up Sig 996 from Syosset today. Live in Bayside but am in Astoria everyday. The LIC service center was ideal before they turned into a battery center. I do not know anything about Westchester but Syosset is a nice set up

BTW, the X is one sweet ride. Dropped it off immediately for Clear XPEL wrap. Will pick it up late next week for good.

Sort of off-topic for the thread, but if you don't mind sharing, how much were you quoted for the XPEL wrap? And are you doing the whole body or just the front bra? Thanks!
Yes, as the OP, I approve this off-topic trip and look forward to a reply. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up Sig 996 from Syosset today. Live in Bayside but am in Astoria everyday.
Ooh, any chance of a drive-by? My wife really wants to see one up close and it will be a while before ours gets delivered. If so, please PM me. We're toward the southern part of Astoria, close to LIC.

The LIC service center was ideal before they turned into a battery center.
I know... that LIC service center was practically walking distance from my house. I hope their service demand increases and they turn it back into a customer-facing service center. Kinda bad traffic so close to the bridge (sometimes) but convenient otherwise.

I do not know anything about Westchester but Syosset is a nice set up.
Thanks. I may check it out. Interestingly, my DS sent me a 516 area code phone number but he says he's with the Westchester store. Haven't chatted with him yet as there is no rush yet for a 90D order.

BTW, the X is one sweet ride. Dropped it off immediately for Clear XPEL wrap. Will pick it up late next week for good.
Where are you having that done and what's the ballpark price? Are you doing just XPEL or a combo of XPEL and... that other coating?

This is the first time I am wrapping anything outside of the occasional gift. The X is a gift to my wife. It is a Sig P90DL and I figured maybe it would make sense to protect this car over and above anything I have done before. The entire car is being wrapped. I even talked him into trying to wrap the back of the seats, as my children think it is good sport to kick them repeatedly. He said normal price is 6K, but he gave it to me for 5500. I am dubious... but willing to await the final product. A scratch on this car would probably cost 1K an inch. Have to admit I did not price shop and honestly do not know much about wraps, outside of the fact that the Xpel draws plenty of praise online. This is a Tesla certified shop and they have done nice work for me before.

Snowmaggedon has slowed things down a bit I am sure, but I still hope to pick up the car later this week. I will try and post pics at that point. The shop is in Astoria close to LIC. I will see if my better half is OK with the idea of announcing when we are picking it up so maybe you can take a gander at it Mr. Boylan. Or we could drive by. Sounds like you may be very close to the shop.

This is the first time I am wrapping anything outside of the occasional gift. The X is a gift to my wife. It is a Sig P90DL and I figured maybe it would make sense to protect this car over and above anything I have done before. The entire car is being wrapped. I even talked him into trying to wrap the back of the seats, as my children think it is good sport to kick them repeatedly. He said normal price is 6K, but he gave it to me for 5500. I am dubious... but willing to await the final product. A scratch on this car would probably cost 1K an inch. Have to admit I did not price shop and honestly do not know much about wraps, outside of the fact that the Xpel draws plenty of praise online. This is a Tesla certified shop and they have done nice work for me before.

Snowmaggedon has slowed things down a bit I am sure, but I still hope to pick up the car later this week. I will try and post pics at that point. The shop is in Astoria close to LIC. I will see if my better half is OK with the idea of announcing when we are picking it up so maybe you can take a gander at it Mr. Boylan. Or we could drive by. Sounds like you may be very close to the shop.
Cool. Let me know if it makes sense. If it's the shop I think it is, it's a 15 minute walk from my house. And considering they posted a pic of a Model X on their Facebook page, I'm guessing that's the place. :) I'm actually heading out on a business trip tomorrow morning but will be back Saturday evening. If not this week, maybe some other time? I did see the X in Freemont at the reveal, but my wife has only seen them in pictures and videos. And my kids would probably love to see those doors in action.

$5500 is way more than I was hoping to pay for paint protection, but I understand that many find it helpful, particularly on Teslas. We generally put less than 12K miles on our car a year, mostly on long trips, so I'm wondering whether it's really worth it for us. Anyway... PM me if you think we can work something out.

Thanks,

-Chris