Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model 3 have mobile internet for software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a Model 3. This is the Model Standard Range Plus with the partially Premium interior.

The full Premium Interior has navigation with satillite images, real traffic information. The ‘Partially Premium Interior’ doesn’t have.

But my question is: Is the Partial Premium Interior exactly the same in terms of hardware as the Full Premium? Can I also take out a subscription with the Partial Premium Interior to get updates via the air?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a Model 3. This is the Model Standard Range Plus with the partially Premium interior.

The full Premium Interior has navigation with satillite images, real traffic information. The ‘Partially Premium Interior’ doesn’t have.

But my question is: Is the Partial Premium Interior exactly the same in terms of hardware as the Full Premium? Can I also take out a subscription with the Partial Premium Interior to get updates via the air?

Thanks in advance :)
Not sure, but for what it's worth, at least in the US getting updates over the air takes forever. Wifi is almost required.

Depends on if you have premium connectivity. Cars sold before the end of July 2018 have lifetime premium. I think after that you get 1 year but not sure about the standard range model. Also not sure what is included outside the US.

With premium connectivity updates can come down over cellular, but arrive sooner via WiFi. Map updates are via WiFi.

Without you only get safety updates via cell. Everything else is via WiFi.

There is supposed to be a subscription service for about $100/y, but I have not seen that it is offered yet. Possibly it will be about the time the free year for post July '18 cars expires.