Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email arrived for the Founders Edition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta wonder if insurance companies suspect more of the same high repair costs and a lack of supply. We'll see how other insurers respond.
I would think a truck made entirely of castings (front, back, sides - both steel and aluminum), plus a structural battery pack and the world's largest automotive windshield will scare the F out of them. I don't see how repair costs could reasonable, or in line with other pickup trucks (ICE or EV). Can you imagine what a cracked CT windshield will cost to replace? I suspect many insurers will assume a much higher percentage of "Totaled" claims than anything else on the road. NO THANKS.

Save for the missing auto tilt screen, lack of memory to play Steam/Witcher 3, and more, does your Plaid have the Tesla deemed, "Normal" vibration in the front end as well? Mine does, as do many other owners' Plaids.
yah the tilt screen i was bummed about. Front end vibration, i dont feel it, I do hate the break squeak when you put it in park which I was told is normal.

Reactions: jebinc
I would think a truck made entirely of castings (front, back, sides - both steel and aluminum), plus a structural battery pack and the world's largest automotive windshield will scare the F out of them. I don't see how repair costs could reasonable, or in line with other pickup trucks (ICE or EV). Can you imagine what a cracked CT windshield will cost to replace? I suspect many insurers will assume a much higher percentage of "Totaled" claims than anything else on the road. NO THANKS.
the windscreen and other glass they say is much tougher so I dunno how many will take rocks and crack. Time will tell.

Reactions: jebinc
Cars, boats, trucks, I have never regretted going with the biggest engine package available:) 10.4k lb of torque is 40% more. The cyber beast difference is more than a badge and some slick decals
But less range and same tow capacity. The extra money could be put towards the range extender to get extra range when towing. That said if you don't tow and you can afford to go Cyberbeast, then you will have the craziest truck around.
What is that?
Access to the site to design your truck.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Here we go, Comes with the design studio. Cyberbeast early 2024 or dual motor with an arrival of Dec to March?

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE​

EST. DELIVERY DEC. 2023 - MAR. 2024
  1. DUAL MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
  2. 318 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  3. 340 MI. RANGE (EST.) WITH ALL SEASON TIRES (AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE IN 2024)
  4. 4.1 SEC. 0-60 MPH
  5. 112 MPH TOP SPEED
  6. 600 HORSEPOWER
  7. 7,435 LB-FT TORQUE
  8. 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY
INCLUDED WITH FOUNDATION SERIES
  1. LIMITED-EDITION CONFIGURATION
  2. LASER-ETCHED FOUNDATION SERIES BADGE
  3. FOUNDATION SERIES CABIN GRAPHIC
  4. 20” CYBER WHEELS WITH 35” TIRES
  5. WHITE DÉCOR
  6. PREMIUM ACCESSORIES
  7. POWERSHARE HOME BACKUP
  8. POWERSHARE MOBILE CONNECTOR
  9. FULL SELF-DRIVING CAPABILITY
  10. LIFETIME PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY

CYBERBEAST​

EST. DELIVERY EARLY 2024
  1. TRI MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
  2. 301 MI. RANGE (EST.) WITH ALL TERRAIN TIRES
  3. 320 MI. RANGE (EST.) WITH ALL SEASON TIRES (AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE IN 2024)
  4. 2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH†
  5. 130 MPH TOP SPEED
  6. 845 HORSEPOWER
  7. 10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
  8. 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY
INCLUDED WITH FOUNDATION SERIES
  1. LIMITED-EDITION CONFIGURATION
  2. LASER-ETCHED FOUNDATION SERIES BADGE
  3. FOUNDATION SERIES CABIN GRAPHIC
  4. 20” CYBER WHEELS WITH 35” TIRES
  5. WHITE DÉCOR
  6. OFF-ROAD LIGHT BAR
  7. PREMIUM ACCESSORIES
  8. POWERSHARE HOME BACKUP
  9. POWERSHARE MOBILE CONNECTOR
  10. FULL SELF-DRIVING CAPABILITY
  11. LIFETIME PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY

Your Limited-Edition Foundation Series Cybertruck is Ready to Order​
As an early reservation holder, you have been invited to order your Foundation Series Cybertruck with early access to delivery.

Your Cybertruck will be fully optioned and will include limited-edition laser-etched badging, premium accessories, charging equipment with Powershare home backup hardware, all-terrain tires, Full-Self Driving capability and more.​

View attachment 998273
"20191121-tesla-cybertruck-driving-lightbar" by u/Kruzat is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail
I can no longer afford this truck. I also have the invite. Reach out to me privately and I can work to see if I can transfer the invite to you? At least someone will benefit- who loves a Tesla.

“FSD Capability” - the truck will not have FSD on delivery. It’s a “coming soon” item. Also, some have posted TACC is disabled as well. Must have something to with the new cameras and software not yet ready for the CT configuration. Best of luck with this “early adopter” hardware. I suspect Tesla will make a lot of changes over the next two years, leaving early adopters “holding the bag” once more.

Note: I was a Plaid early adopter. Still holding “that bag…”
So - you are not planning to order if you get an invite ?

I think your RN is close to mine ... 11289xxxx. The current highest RN invite is for 11281xxxx (if you ignore the odd 11289 and even higher).

So - you are not planning to order if you get an invite ?

I think your RN is close to mine ... 11289xxxx. The current highest RN invite is for 11281xxxx (if you ignore the odd 11289 and even higher).

Correct. I actually canceled my reservation after more details were released during the Elon, "Spectacle". Didn't want FoMo causing me to make a bad decision should a Founder's invite arrive. I will drive the Rivian R1T until the warranty period end approaches - then decide what to replace it with. If a Cybertruck, that later version will have many improvements (including better 4680s) and refreshes rolled in, and the price will not be as it is today. I say that based on the Plaid price curve.

Correct. I actually canceled my reservation after more details were released during the Elon, "Spectacle". Didn't want FoMo causing me to make a bad decision should a Founder's invite arrive. I will drive the Rivian R1T until the warranty period end approaches - then decide what to replace it with. If a Cybertruck, that later version will have many improvements (including better 4680s) and refreshes rolled in, and the price will not be as it is today. I say that based on the Plaid price curve.
Yes - early delivery is purely a status symbol/brag thing. Always better to wait atleast 6 months for them to sort out issues. I'm planning a roadtrip in summer - so might be good to get it before that. Not sure I'll get the invite by then, though.

Yes - early delivery is purely a status symbol/brag thing. Always better to wait atleast 6 months for them to sort out issues. I'm planning a roadtrip in summer - so might be good to get it before that. Not sure I'll get the invite by then, though.

Well... Not sure about "braggin / Status" on something that is purely out of a lottery hat. I suppose one can brag that they are lucky to draw the # :-D

The early delivery does have tremendous HLAMB! for those who want to draw attention and have a lack of self esteem. :p

I really need it before 12/31/2023 for §179 purposes. So to that extent, I'd be willing to travel to Austin TX if I have to on 12/31 to drive the truck home on a 2K miles journey. To that extent, If I don't get the truck by 12/31 11:59 PM, I will change my order from Dual Motor to Cerberus And will have to make an alternative purchase for 12/31 to meet the §179.

Right, same, agree.

Wait and see. ☑️

Right now the R1T is serving my truck needs very well, and without drama or BS. No need for me to rush into, "unknown and uncharted CT waters" at this early point (and pay premium pricing for that "opportunity").

Given Tesla's history and track record with Early Adopter treatment, it was an easy decision for me (to delay/cancel). I am looking forward to reading/seeing and hearing from members that have taken delivery of their Founder's Edition trucks - a few weeks and later, post delivery. 1Q24 should be very informative here on TMC, in that regard. Right now, all we have is blowhard, hater, shill, influencer, fanboy and (of course) Elon opinions and speculation and the little information Tesla has released. That's fine for now, as we have nothing else - but real data will start pouring in, in a. month or so.

Last edited:
I don't think its purely a lottery thing. They may skip over some people ... for whatever reason.

BTW, aren't most people anyway "bragging" about things that are lottery based ... afterall a lot of things are hereditary.
Not really a lottery when they are only offering Founder's Editions to those 1000 early folks who happen to live in CA and TX. Even so, I read that Tesla is still charging these early reservationists/adopters' full current FSD price ($12,000), even though they may have "locked in" FSD (via the $100 reservation process) at $5000, $6000 or $7000. To add insult to Early Adopter injury, FSD is not activated upon delivery - but, will be coming soooooon. Great Early Adopter treatment starts earlier than ever, now, if those reports are indeed true.... Can any Founder's Edition invitees confirm or deny?

C
Not really a lottery when they are only offering Founder's Editions to those 1000 early folks who happen to live in CA and TX. Even so, I read that Tesla is still charging these early reservationists/adopters' full current FSD price ($12,000), even though they may have "locked in" FSD (via the $100 reservation process) at $5000, $6000 or $7000. To add insult to Early Adopter injury, FSD is not activated upon delivery - but, will be coming soooooon. Great Early Adopter treatment starts earlier than ever, now, if those reports are indeed true.... Can any Founder's Edition invitees confirm or deny?

Yes! Confirmed.

Look... this is no different than a Ford Dealershit charging $2,000.00 for "Paint Sealent" and $5,000.00 for "security Alarm" etc. Its an early adopter's "HLAMB" (Hey Look at ME B!tch) premium.