TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does Self-Referral work for P3D Orders

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hashraf, Aug 29, 2018.

1. hashraf

hashraf Member

Hi,

Wondering if an existing S or X who recently ordered P3D was able to self-refer to get supercharging as well as the kids Tesla / HPWC (i.e. the gifts)? The sales guy at my local store seemed to indicate that I could get supercharging on self-referral but no gifts? Is that true?

Thanks

2. Benihect

Benihect Member

Unfortunately no idea. I placed my order prior to the August first launch of referral and supercharging so I’m grandfathered to supercharging without referral code. But was told by sales advisor that’s only orders after August 1st qualified for the gifts. But I could help with the referral code if you need one.

3. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

You can self referral. I don’t see why you would not get the prize. But if you find out you can’t get the prize, you can use mine and I’ll let you have the kids model s.

4. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Yes, I self-referred. It works.

5. oracleicom

oracleicom Member

AFAIK, you can only refer yourself if you ordered after the 1st.

6. papadonutman

papadonutman Member

Model S owner, ordered Performace 3+ on 7 July. Got this response to self referral. Kinda bummed, really wanted the baby Tesla for my grandson.

" apologize for the delay. I checked with my supervisor. Unfortunately, the referral code must be input at the time of the order. However, you will get unlimited supercharging because you placed your order before August 1."

7. ColoradoVoltage

I got the same response... Pretty frustrating -- seems a silly restriction. In my case, I upgraded to the 'P' _after_ Aug 1, in case that makes any difference -- and it might.

We're talking about a few wall chargers here, right? Existing owners who ordered a 3P between July (whatever) and Aug 1.