Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does someone always call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you always get a call from some sort of sales associate when you order a Tesla? Or can it all be done online without ever talking to someone?

I placed an order on Sunday. I filled out all the info they needed on the website. So is there even a need for them to call me? The only reason I might want them to is because I want the Homelink thing and I'd like to see if we could get that done when the car is delivered so that it just works as soon as I take it home. And you can't order that online without having a VIN#.

I ordered mine, online, last Aug 13. Was contacted by an IDA early November, and got the car delivered Dec 13. My IDA never called me, and never gave me a number to call. Since I ordered online, I never had a sales associate to deal with at a store. 16 emails, and that was it.

Do you always get a call from some sort of sales associate when you order a Tesla? Or can it all be done online without ever talking to someone?

I placed an order on Sunday. I filled out all the info they needed on the website. So is there even a need for them to call me? The only reason I might want them to is because I want the Homelink thing and I'd like to see if we could get that done when the car is delivered so that it just works as soon as I take it home. And you can't order that online without having a VIN#.

Yes, pretty much. I ordered online and spent no more than 20 minutes at the Tesla service center to pick it up. No Sales or dealership “Finance department” BS whatsoever.

You will see a VIN under your Tesla Account once it's assigned. Then order your Homelink.

Last July 2018 there was one call when delivery date was scheduled. She also looked up when Lucy rolled off the assembly line. Next call was that my car arrived early did I want to pick it up the next day. Well, yes!

Kinda like ordering an iPhone. Place your order on line, give them your credit card and they will send you an email when they need payment information and pick up instructions. Sometimes they will even send a Ranger out to your home or place of business to make the delivery of even pick up your trade in.

EZ Peasy!