Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla have a repair work guarantee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue that has been ongoing for over a year now and they’ve already tried fixing it three times in the past nine months (most recently in October). However the warranty expired last month and the problem has been ongoing still.

Now when I brought my car in, they’re telling me I need to pay for the repair since it’s just out of warranty.

Does Tesla not guarantee their repair work whether it was done during warranty or outside of warranty?
Why should I pay for an issue that they could not fix properly all the previous times while in warranty?

I brought up my issue up the chain at the service center, and they’re insisting that there is no warranty on repair work done while in warranty if the car is now out of warranty. Does not matter if the repair work happened one day before warranty expired and then the issue occurred again the day after warranty expired.

Absolutely poor service along with the poor build quality. I could ignore build quality if service would take care of issues. But, Tesla sucks at both I realize. Cannot recommend another Tesla regardless of how great the charging network is.

I have an issue that has been ongoing for over a year now and they’ve already tried fixing it three times in the past nine months (most recently in October). However the warranty expired last month and the problem has been ongoing still.

Now when I brought my car in, they’re telling me I need to pay for the repair since it’s just out of warranty.

Does Tesla not guarantee their repair work whether it was done during warranty or outside of warranty?

Nope.

Why should I pay for an issue that they could not fix properly all the previous times while in warranty?

Because Tesla.

What exactly is the problem? Why isn't it getting fixed the first time?

I would say it's on a case-by-case basis. For example, I had an alignment done. They quoted me 2 hours, it took them 5 (despite them continuously insisting they were almost done). By the time they finished, I just took the car and left, a bit frustrated at having wasted my day. The day after, I noticed my steering wheel was off-center and rescheduled for them to fix the job. They straightened it without charging me again.

However, if it's a NVH issue, especially related to wind-noise and windows - 100% I can tell you that is NOT warrantied.

That's crap because pre existing conditions are supposed to be covered, especially if it wasn't fixed correctly under the warranty. See the reason now why Elon took away phone numbers to contact anyone at service, so you can't complain to anyone there. Elon said they were going to fix the service department....a few years ago, yet that never happened.